• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with WMP11 beta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ya but it is annoying. Other media players do this but it is only with media files. VLC has a option on everything. Its annoying.

VLC may be a good player but I didnt think that was the point of the thread, thought we were trying to figure out how to get Windows Media Player 11 working?

just for the record this is why i dont like Ms betas becuase they dont have a good uninstall policy

So let me get this right off the bat you have to remove both PowerDVD and Nero just so WMP11 can play movies. Stuff that I'm staying with WMP10 till they can hopefully get this mess sorted out for the full version at the end of June.

I use Nero and PowerDVD all the time anyways so it's pointless for me as it'll cause nothing but problems.

AngelfireUk83 said:
So let me get this right off the bat you have to remove both PowerDVD and Nero just so WMP11 can play movies. Stuff that I'm staying with WMP10 till they can hopefully get this mess sorted out for the full version at the end of June.

I use Nero and PowerDVD all the time anyways so it's pointless for me as it'll cause nothing but problems.

im pretty sure it was poor codec/broken codec problem.... uninstalling them and installing the codec pack fixed the problem.

Back