• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acer al2426 and mouse problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eivanauskas

I bought the Acer AL2416W 24" monitor last week. I have a problem where my mouse runs as if using mouse acceleration althought its not turned on. I tried uninstalling drivers and all of the logitech software and reinstalling without luck. I also tried two different mice. Currently im running the G5 but ive also tried the G7 and 510, all of them have this same issue.

So I switched out this monitor for another smaller lcd and the problem disappeared. So basically I narrowed the problem down to monitor. This makes no sense to me, why would the monitor give me such a mouse delay? I would imagine that its the MS timing on it and according the manufacturer its 8ms timing and reviews ive looked at also show the ms as 8 along with great scores on ghosting tests.

Im running the monitor at its native 1920x1200 resolution and dvi input, i attempted to switch to analog input but that didnt fix the problem. The last step was to reformat windows, i doubt this was necessary but it was worth a try. That didnt work. I've checked the acer site and have done site searches and google searched but cant find anything.

If anyone could help me out with this i would be extremely happy.

Welcome to the forums!

I just ordered this same monitor from newegg and it shipped out today. Of all the reviews I've read on this LCD, I have never read about this problem. I hope not to have the same problem but I do hope you find an answer to it.

I'll keep my eye's open and post back here if I find anything relevant.

btw, is this a wireless mouse your using? If so, have you tried one with cord?

Just an idea

this sound like more of a mouse driver issue than the display.

Try uninstalling the mouse drivers and installing the latest ones from Logitech.

And don't forget to restart after uninstalling.

Back