• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Office 2007 Beta!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NsOmNiA91130

Register Page

Microsoft Office 2007 is available for free for non-MSDN subscribers. All you need is a .NET account. This is a partially limited beta (obviously), but it had most of the features I would use, so it doesn't really matter.

Look out for the soon-to-happen Vista public beta, too :bday:

There is also available a web page designer free download with registration. Its called Microsoft Expression Web Designer :)

How it differs from Sharepoint 2007 I have not explored it yet. DLed and installed that was as far as I got. Waiting for this interminable Vista DL to happen. (guess thats the problem with getting it next day MSs servers are clogged )

Only reason I use office at all is for excel (graphs) but I might give this a try if it works on wine :D

I have downloaded it but not installed it yet. The big reason to switch to 2007 IMO is because it is all .xml based, or so they say.

Thanks for the link. D/Ling as we speak, I'm a fan of both Office and OO. Like them both, and I'm ready to try this one out.

^I agree.

The layout is very simple. It shows you a portion of what you would use, but in that portion, there's everything you would need. For example:
The "Home" tab has most of your formatting tools, heading options, and paragraph styles.
The "Insert" tab has buttons to insert a picture, clipart, hyperlink, charts, etc.
And so on and so forth.

The general UI design is very clean, and I like the backdrop to your paper. The "File" menu is now a button with all sorts of options for printing and saving and whatnot.

Attachments

• msoffice.JPG
    msoffice.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 299
Downloading now. Not too keen on how many hoops I had to jump through to get to the download though.

Back