• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Choosing A New Printer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I'm looking for a new printer as my current 1 is slightly old about 6 years it's a Hewlett Packard 710c was a good printer at the time still is. Photo's are fantastic when BEST is selected or when NORMAL is too anyways the problem is with this 1 it's using a LPT port.

I think it's about time to get a USB 1 now cause the cables are a lot smaller now I've read that USB has no difference in printing performance over LPT. This printer seems to slow down my PC when printing covers to my CD's I've created. And so was also wondering if up-to-date printers stop or don't use to many resources when printing say a cover which shows as 23mb in size in the printer spooler.

What suggestions can anyone give me.

I really like my Canon iP3000 printer. The seperate black and color cartidges are easily refillable with ink and the print quality is excellent.

Back