Registered

STORM (LAING) pump

i have just set up my wc rig out of the case it consists of two gfc coolers chipset cooler and cpu cooler. i have the gfx on one loop and cpu and chipset on another.

the problem im having is that my pump seams to be trowing out alot of bubbles straight off. Its like a cyclone of tinny bubbles that merge into bigger ones. there is a res but for every bubble it gets rid off there is about ten more made. just wondering if there is a way to stop this thanks

$ausage$

if you have the D4 or D5, those pumps tend to churn up bubles for a bit after the loop is up and running. Those bubbles will eventually gather up in the res, it's just a matter of time.

Could be air trapped in your radiator being moved around due to turbulence, and depending on the liquid's viscosity after chemicals added, maybe it stays in little bubbles. Also this happens if your pump intake is sucking up air. make sure the water level is high enough, and that there is no vortex effect that may intermittently expose the intake port to air.
    Out of date gaming machine:
    Core 2 Duo Q9550 / Asus A8N-Vm-CSM / 8GB Ram / Geforce 460

Everyday machine:
    2011 iMac 27"
    3.4Ghz Core i7/32GB Ram

Registered
    well i filled my res up a bit and also filled the rad to the max. all the big bubbles are gone but ther is tiny cyclones around but nothing to worry about thanks for the adviice

Quote Originally Posted by $ausage$
    well i filled my res up a bit and also filled the rad to the max. all the big bubbles are gone but ther is tiny cyclones around but nothing to worry about thanks for the adviice

Yeah, my D4 did that as well. Creates a cyclone on the output with the bubbles. once it's bled it's gone tho
    When I logon to Windows, I press Ctrl+Alt+ELITE
    i7-2600 4001MHz @ 39x102.6~ASRock P67 Fatal1ty Professional~MSI N580GTX Lightning 1536MB @ 1000//2400 @ 1.149v~8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24~256GB Samsung 830 SSD and 60GB OCZ Vertex~2x Western Digital Caviar Green 1TBs in RAID1 ~BFG ES-800 PSU
    Custom Watercooling Loop | Apogee GT, MCW82, MCP35x + Res, Thermochill PA120.2 and 120.3 (both rev1) w/ Gentle Typhoon AP-15s pull, 7/16"x5/8" MasterKleer, 100% Distilled Water with Iodine ---All encased in a Silverstone TJ07B-W
    Join in on the fun! Heatware OCForums Metal Club member #13224

This is an effect that the flow has on the water. It's always there, but only apparent when there are bubbles in the loop. Most pumps/loops do this, and once it is bled you won't be able to tell.

alwasy happens, just give it a day or two, and they will go away.

Registered
    Thanks for you rrplies very helpful

Just one more thing. I am sure that teh set up i have bringing a 1/2 inch barb to a 10mm hose is creating flow problems, any products that do this better? or any custom ideas? at current i have a push fit half inch to 10mm plumbing fitting out of B&Q with is big and slowing me up big style. any commenst will be greatly appreciated

$ausage$