• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

STORM (LAING) pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

$ausage$

Registered
i have just set up my wc rig out of the case it consists of two gfc coolers chipset cooler and cpu cooler. i have the gfx on one loop and cpu and chipset on another.

the problem im having is that my pump seams to be trowing out alot of bubbles straight off. Its like a cyclone of tinny bubbles that merge into bigger ones. there is a res but for every bubble it gets rid off there is about ten more made. just wondering if there is a way to stop this thanks

$ausage$

if you have the D4 or D5, those pumps tend to churn up bubles for a bit after the loop is up and running. Those bubbles will eventually gather up in the res, it's just a matter of time.

Could be air trapped in your radiator being moved around due to turbulence, and depending on the liquid's viscosity after chemicals added, maybe it stays in little bubbles. Also this happens if your pump intake is sucking up air. make sure the water level is high enough, and that there is no vortex effect that may intermittently expose the intake port to air.

well i filled my res up a bit and also filled the rad to the max. all the big bubbles are gone but ther is tiny cyclones around but nothing to worry about thanks for the adviice

$ausage$ said:
well i filled my res up a bit and also filled the rad to the max. all the big bubbles are gone but ther is tiny cyclones around but nothing to worry about thanks for the adviice

Yeah, my D4 did that as well. Creates a cyclone on the output with the bubbles. once it's bled it's gone tho

This is an effect that the flow has on the water. It's always there, but only apparent when there are bubbles in the loop. Most pumps/loops do this, and once it is bled you won't be able to tell.

Thanks for you rrplies very helpful

Just one more thing. I am sure that teh set up i have bringing a 1/2 inch barb to a 10mm hose is creating flow problems, any products that do this better? or any custom ideas? at current i have a push fit half inch to 10mm plumbing fitting out of B&Q with is big and slowing me up big style. any commenst will be greatly appreciated

$ausage$

Back