• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biography of a (Folding) Madman

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glasslicker

CHAPTER ONE

Glasslicker, now utterly consumed by his madness, ran frantically around his office eyeing every electronic device including the Pitney Bowes postage meter. Quickly, he assessed its folding potential and disgarded it.

The three remaining hairs within the boundries of his receding hairline flapped wildly in the breeze. His froth laden lips coupled with his 1000 yard stare are clear indications that his obsessive quest to fold ever faster has driven him to the edge of sanity.

Running wildly now from desk to desk, he spied a laptop sitting quietly in a corner. A former shadow of itself back in the days when 256K ram was a bottomless pit, it now sat idle and in silence, nearly forgotten after being pushed out of operation by it's younger, faster rivals. Hmmmmmm, with a gig of ram this former warrior could be restored to glory.

As Glasslicker reached for his car keys to head down to Fryes, his glazed eyes spotted something over in the corner humming softly. Yes........YES INDEED !

CHAPTER TWO

The office server sat quietly doing it's job pushing data to and fro. It was a machine after all. While it enjoyed doing its job, it had never been given a real challenge. A challenge that would allow it to stretch its electronic wings to their full length. A challenge that would allow the server to show the world its true capabilities.

As the spittle-laden lipped human with the garish grin approached it, duct tape, JB Weld and coat hanger in hand, the server, while being a machine and therefore having no feelings, became utterly confused as for the first time in its existance, it felt true fear.

Yup, you have the fever. In my younger days, just a mere n00b in the ways of FAH, I was much like you young foldeewohn, I even thought it would be heroic to get my toaster oven and knife sharpener to be wise in the ways of the mighty fold. Alas, as I have become the reluctant old gaurd my enthusiasm sometimes sinks to the depths of the Titanic, but then the Foldholio's remind me of why I (we) are folding in the first place. To that I say cheers. Yes blissful and blind enthusiasm is fun to watch in the newly assimilated mind of a folding servant, to that end I applaud you.

Now I'm off to continue folding like a camel on crank. :D

fold on but do your best to keep a tight hold on your wallet, because when you start buying every dual xeon that goes on sale on the classies (looks away) then you know your in it for the long haul.

This doesnt have anything to do with your failed attempt to as of yet pass ghetto,does it?

Have you thought about turning to crime to further folding? I mean there has to be alot of homes in your area with computers, and if you broke in, the owners would never think to look at the "box" for tampering as long as it was there. Just break a couple of dishes, install and leave.

After all, it IS for a good cause.

Hey that was my plan. Ill just stay for the hurricanes this season. When people evacuate, I was going to break in and borg before the storm knocked the power out. Or I could get a generator and drag it around with a super long extension cord and just plug them in, borg, and drag my cord to the next house.

LOL.....

Toaster, pencil sharpener, microwave oven, electric stapler, ipod, LaserJet Printers, scanner, cell phone, ur buddies cell phone, office alarm, electric typerwriter......

Been there, done that. - still jonez`n about it.

:bang head

Back