• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram mixing question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aadan

Registered
I setup my old MB and proc for my wifes pc.

Abit Fatal1ty sli "amd"
xp4000

Right now it has 1 gig 512x2 ocz plat r2 pc3200
I have another gig of corsair xms TWINX1024-3200C2PRO that i can put in, BUT when i do and set the speeds to the slower corsair mem it shows up as 100mhz if I set it to 200mhz the system crashes and just acts wierd. Is there anything I can do to run the 4 512 mixed sticks ?

any help would be great, I gave up after a few hours and left her with 1gig

What are the timings on each set of ram? Also which voltage are they both rated at? If you manually set it to 1T you'll have to probably set it to 2T with all 4 sticks.

If they can both run the same speeds, at the same voltage, and the same timings i don't see why you couldn't use them all at once 2T.

stang8118 said:
What are the timings on each set of ram? Also which voltage are they both rated at? If you manually set it to 1T you'll have to probably set it to 2T with all 4 sticks.

If they can both run the same speeds, at the same voltage, and the same timings i don't see why you couldn't use them all at once 2T.

The ocz is 2-2-2-6 the corsaor is 2.5-3-3-6. I set them to the slower speed of the corsair. Voltage 2.6 on both capable of handling 2.8 and I had them set at 2t. Driving me nuts

Did you try running just the OCZ at the 2.5-3-3-6 at the same voltage to make sure it can handle CL2.5?

Also did try to run each set by itself to make sure they are both error free with memtest??

stang8118 said:
Did you try running just the OCZ at the 2.5-3-3-6 at the same voltage to make sure it can handle CL2.5?

Also did try to run each set by itself to make sure they are both error free with memtest??

Yes I tested both sets they are error free. Didn't test the ocz at 2.5 asssumed it could handle a slower setting than 2..

Guess I can test that

Someone may be able to correct me but the memcontroller on the a64 is only able to do 333 @ 2t with all 4 modules. Try only setting it to 166 instead of 200, then inch it up from there. I didn't know that they made an xp4000;)

Back