• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my cmos doesnt start...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhatKirby

im having a problem with my intel motherboard when i boot up the cmos does not appear to be loading up anything the screen doesnt show anything. all the motherboard does is make a beeping sound. if anyone could help advice me what the possible problems could be i would most appreciate it. also take consideration that i've never opened or moved any hardware,power supply,or ide cables in my computer since i bought it.

So, you are saying that you didn't do anything to it, now it just beeps? That could be bad. Give us more specs, so we can help.

Might be something changed in your bios settings.

Look around for a jumper to clear the cmos or take out your mobo battery for a while, then put her back in and see what happens.

PhatKirby said:
im having a problem with my intel motherboard when i boot up the cmos does not appear to be loading up anything the screen doesnt show anything. all the motherboard does is make a beeping sound. if anyone could help advice me what the possible problems could be i would most appreciate it. also take consideration that i've never opened or moved any hardware,power supply,or ide cables in my computer since i bought it.

CrystalMethod is wright, the beep codes do give a clue for what might be happening!

Most beep related codes are because of bad Ram or bad Video card! So if you can replace any of these, you might solve your problem!

Back