• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Budget case and PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

calvin233

Registered
I am building a computer for my friend with a budget of $550. He needs everything except for CD drives. He wants an Intel 805 dual core and a decent video card. I'll provide him with a gig of ram. He wants to OC the cpu as much as possible. I need a cheap case that will be solid, and a PSU that is cheap, yet able to provide enoguh juice to provide a stable overclock of the 805 of maybe 3 ghz. They could be separate or come together, but they must be cheap because he still needs to buy a hd and a video card.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheap is as litle money as possible, yet still remaining usable and durable.

I was thinknig of the Sonata II, but I was looking for something of close to the same quality is the PSU deparment, but not neccessarily of the smae quality in teh case. I don't want a flimsy case, but I am not too worried about its overall quality.

i would get the svc case posted above, along with the PSU i have in my signature

it's from newegg, fortron 300watt, 120mm fan, ONE 12v rail

Back