• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long to wait for cross border shipping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shuruga2

I purchased this palm pilot May 13th and have yet to see the package, I'll be contacting the seller this week. Unfortuanately I've never waited this long for a cross border package and actually had it show up.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a package take this long and actually received it.

it deffinetly shouldnt take a month to get something.
usually two weeks, or one if you send it xpress

d94 said:
it deffinetly shouldnt take a month to get something.
usually two weeks, or one if you send it xpress

Sometimes it takes even longer than a month, if the person sent it via the USPS using the cheapest method possible. Also there are other factors, like that green slip being filled out accurately, accidently not affixing the green slip, and lastly customs delays.
A couple times I have sent a parcel overseas via the cheap method, filled out the green customs form properly, and still the parcel takes many weeks.
Now USA to Canada shouldn't take more than a couple weeks at the most, but over the Ocean, sometimes the parcel goes by container ship and takes a bloody long time.

I would ask the Ebay seller to scan or send you a picture of the Customs Green form, you can see the date stamped on the form when it was shipped.

Yep, sometimes it can take 7+ weeks, we've had that happen before. Depends on lots of things, as SSS said.

Shuruga2 said:
I purchased this palm pilot May 13th and have yet to see the package, I'll be contacting the seller this week. Unfortuanately I've never waited this long for a cross border package and actually had it show up.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a package take this long and actually received it.

UPS customs & brokerage fees will be about half what you paid for that just fyi. hope you know that :(

EZ Drop Listing Page said:
EZ Drop will not mark Canadian shipments as a Gift. Canada residents are still responsible for all taxes, fees and duties associated with importation of items if applicable.

Silversinksam said:
I would ask the Ebay seller to scan or send you a picture of the Customs Green form, you can see the date stamped on the form when it was shipped.

I did just that this afternoon, thanks.

Having read the thread in its entirety, at least wait a bit longer. Anecdotaly, I shipped a drive to a guy in Alberta, even emailed a copy of the receipt, that ended up taking 8 weeks. USPS and Canadian Post each blamed each other, so how do you win one of those? I can only advise being a little patient.

I'm not going through the "Item not received" process just yet, but I think after 30 days it's ok to start asking questions.

A few days after I asked the seller they replied with a string of numbers that aparently was listed across the top of the customs form. They also said they had a problem with some sort of stamp that was holding up a bunch of their items at customs.

In the end the package arrive last friday, 33 days after the auction ended.

That sucks...but yeah shipping any kind of electronic equipment that is shipped out or into the country you can usually expect delays b/c of terrorism & homeland security & customs and if it is going to a major city even more so.

I guy I've known for a few years via MMO's ordered some stuff for a cousin who lives here and my friend lives over seas. He order parts to build a partial PC cousin had the rest. He shipped it to him in NY via medium shipping, not fastest but not cheapest and it took about 5-6 weeks there was delay entering the country b/c they thought it might be a bomb or some other nasty doomsday device. After seeing pics of the case and innards I could see why...I can only imagine what the X-Rays looked like.lol

Anyhow I guess they opened the box and pulled the thing apart nearly supposidly cheaking it all out. Video card was toast on arrival so they had to file a claim with shipper and US customs of something which took forever to get reimbursed for the damages.

Shipping PC equip out side of US or into US is crappy deal, you can thank Osama & his rag tag asshats for that.

It can take a bit, but i would start looking into it about now. Make sure they sent it, etc. Generally, though, I getstuff from NV, CA, etc inside of 3 weeks. Go Ottawa ;)

Also I assume it depends on the person/company shipping the item. I love ordering from amazon.com because they have good prices (especially with the exchange rate), don't rip of Canadians for shipping, and it gets here (Ottawa) pretty much as fast as a cross-border shipment can go.

I remember once seeing this thread in OCF with a posted picture of some piece of equipment (or some item) that was sent through customs. It came to the recipient in some ziplock bag totally obliterated along with a note...something about a thorough inspection :)

Back