• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What about Vista - games, and updates?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xaeron

I was just wondering if anyone had tried to play any Half-Life 2 with Vista beta 2 installed? I have beta 2 downloaded but I'm a little worried about installing it because I won't be able to play Half-Life 2.

And what about sound? I've heard some people aren't getting sound to work? What kind of sound cards do these people have because that would be terrible if I installed Vista and couldn't listen to my iTunes collection because Vista won't work with my Audigy.

And finally updates. Does anyone know if they'll offer windows updates to the beta version of this or is it what you see is what you get? I'd like to be able to install this and use it until the final version comes out.

The updates thus far as I have done them are through a local aplet. There are some updates, I have installed three. Of course it will somewhat depend on your hardware.

HL2/Steam will NOT install for me. My saved folder crashes when trying to run it as well...

Driver support right now is *very* shaky for gaming....I do have GLQuake1, Quake3, Quake4, and Far Cry running, although Far Cry has water texture corruption. Doom3 = no go, it goes to a black screen after loading a level although the game is still running in the background, if you leave it going long enough, it BSOD's.

If you need everything to work, you better not switch at this point. Remember, it's BETA.....

I know it's beta and that's why I haven't installed it yet. I don't think I will either. You know something new comes out like this and a person gets curious.

Xaeron said:
I know it's beta and that's why I haven't installed it yet. I don't think I will either. You know something new comes out like this and a person gets curious.

I wan't being rude, just talking.....

vista beta 2 isn't for gaming, both because it is much slower than xp and because it is er... beta. only install it if you want to try it out, don't bother if you want to run hardcore apps or games.

Back