• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Helppp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFG34

Todayi started my computer and all of a sudden no sound. I try to play song with winampo and this is the error messae:
Bad directsound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Error code: 88780078.

I have onboard sound btw

any help??

Uninstall your onboard audio via device manager and then reinstall your motherboard audio drivers. You could also try reinstalling directx if that doesn't fix it.

untitled19tp.jpg

which one should i uninstall?? I am noob sorry for too much questions.

ok weird, i uninstalled the AC97 Audio, and restarted computer, now there is still no sounds, it is just like it was b4.I went to device manager and checked so now instead of relatek there is Nvidia Nforce4 Audio codecs. What should i do to next?

Last edited:
My appearance theme keeps changing, And i keep getting error messages from JAVA and WINDOWS GENUINE thingy that it need to close, send error report or dont send.

I think its not with the audio driver, but something wrong with the system(not hardware).

Last edited:
afg34 said:
ok weird, i uninstalled the AC97 Audio, and restarted computer, now there is still no sounds, it is just like it was b4.I went to device manager and checked so now instead of relatek there is Nvidia Nforce4 Audio codecs. What should i do to next?
Go to DFI's website and install the audio/chipset drivers for your board. You can also generally find them via windows update->custom.

afg34 said:
My appearance theme keeps changing, And i keep getting error messages from JAVA and WINDOWS GENUINE thingy that it need to close, send error report or dont send.

I think its not with the audio driver, but something wrong with the system(not hardware).
Either hardware issues or you could have a spyware/adware problem. You should probably post a hijackthis log:
http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip

windows update doesnt work, same thing with internet explorer and msn. So i am going to post hijack log. BTW where is the hijack section?

This happens occasionally with my x-fi extreme. and I hate it.
Bottom line: don't uninstall anything, just run your sound drivers & boot. Works every time for me
In fact thought it happened again today but when I rebooted the problem went away. Somehow the computer forgets it has the drivers. I should check with pcilatency tool which I have installed.

windows update doesnt work, same thing with internet explorer and msn.
It sounds like you have some kind of IE exploit- run hijackthis like I mentioned above and post a logfile to http://www.hijackthis.de/en . Also you should run spybot: http://www.safer-networking.de/en/download/index.html if you haven't already. Make sure to get the updated definitions. The only other thing I can suggest (provided it's not a hardware issue) is to open up msconfig and see what's running at startup. You can google anything in the list if you're not sure what it is.

hijacklog3it.jpg

that is the only nasty thing. I deleted it with hijack. I restarted the pc and same thing, nothing changed.

Back