• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AOHELL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twEEkerAreUs

http://media.putfile.com/AOL-Cancellation

Not sure how many of you heard this, just came across it. I've heard tons of stories from customers saying it was damn near impossible to cancel AOL (Sadly mostly older people getting conned in or thinking Internet = AOL) it came down to them having to stop payment lol.

Last edited:
twEEkerAreUs said:
http://media.putfile.com/AOL-Cancellation

Not sure how many have you heard this, just came across it. I've heard tons of stories from customers saying it was damn near impossible to cancel AOL (Sadly mostly older people getting conned in or thinking Internet = AOL) it came down to them having to stop payment lol.
I've heard bad things as well. One of my friends had a similar expierence cancelling service.

synthetic_fenix said:
Im suppriced the rep didn't try selling the guy on AOL for broadband.

That's exactly what I thought he was going to try to do when he asked about Cable/DSL lol.

happened to my dad when he tried to get rid of aol.. he ended up talkin to an indian representative and my dad talked the guy down (in bengali :D) to letting him cancel the acct

we got 3 months of it for broadband free before our service stopped :D

The guy obviously logged over 72 hours, and his reason of canceling (he doesnnt use it) was very insufficient, why should he be able to cancel ?

Lionsault_100 said:
The guy obviously logged over 72 hours, and his reason of canceling (he doesnnt use it) was very insufficient, why should he be able to cancel ?

Gee whiz, Lionsault_100..Hope you're being sarcastic here...If not, I have a huge stack of AOL CDs I'll sell you really cheap:santa:.

hafa said:
Gee whiz, Lionsault_100..Hope you're being sarcastic here...If not, I have a huge stack of AOL CDs I'll sell you really cheap:santa:.

The customer was very rude and told the worker that he was annoying the **** out of him, If i was the worker I would be VERY annoyed. he obviously uses AOL a lot and knew that canceling wasn't a good move based on the users surfing habits, good companies look out for their clients/customers.

Happened to us. We had switched to Juno and dad was still getting billed for using AOL (this was back before we made the move to broadband). They're a bunch of con artists.

Back