• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Make a Japanese DS into English?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WejRepus

Is there any way to make a Japanese DS into one with English? My cousin just gave me her Japanese DS and if i can i would love to download some new software to make it run in English... if not, i will learn japanese

WejRepus said:
Is there any way to make a Japanese DS into one with English? My cousin just gave me her Japanese DS and if i can i would love to download some new software to make it run in English... if not, i will learn japanese

It plays games universally...

i believe DS's are region free and can play any games. If you have any friends/family around with an 'english' DS, then give thier games a whirl and see if it works or not.

There's an option in the startup menu to change it to English. The system itself is region free. If you're looking to change the text in a game from Japan to English then it's not gonna happen.

yea, i wasnt asking about playing games, i have been doing that. i meant changing the OS on it to an english one, so all the main menu stuff isnt in japanse

Start up the DS with no game in it, touch the screen to skip the warning, touch the icon at the bottom of the touch screen that looks like the DS, touch the wrench icon, touch the globe icon and then choose langage.

Back