• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

okay to keep pushing volts if temp is okay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sirRealist

So despite my apparent fsb limit of 245 (which may get fixed in a BIOS flash), ive decided to at least see how far i can push my CPU using its 10x multi.

I've got a ClawH 3000+ 2.0GHz
Ive gotten it to run at 240x10 @ 1.7v

But, it only primes for about 2 hours before having an error.

Now, my temps are fine... 35C idle, 42C load.

Ive got a lot of case cooling and a scythe ninja.

My question is, my BIOS lets me up voltage past 1.7 to 1.75 and 1.8.

Assuming my temps are acceptable at those voltages, can i use them to try to get prime stable for longer?

Or, is there a voltage for this CPU that you just shouldnt run, despite your temps being okay?

Im trying to play Oblivion and ive got a 7900GT, so i have a serious CPU bottleneck, so im trying to get the most out of it i can.

thats actualy the exact OC guide im using, but in it he stats to up the fsb and voltage to find the max... which is what im doing. But im at a point where i can get more stability by adding voltage and my temp is fine, but idk what max voltage is safe to use (if temp is okay)

I am only comfortable with an extra .25 over the default voltage. Even when my chip can handle more It makes me nervous..

i.e if the default voltage is 1.4 I wont go over 1.65

Last edited:
ClawHammer handle well voltage. i would say go up to 1.75v if u can temp under 50c and 1.8 for benchie or small time usage to be safe. my old newcastle still working under 1.825v for about 1 years now no sig of failure it was watercooled load temp never go over 40c.

Back