• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

might buy: Voodoo Laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WejRepus

I currently own a Dell XPS laptop for a desktop replacement when i travel, but am looking at getting a much more portable laptop that i can take to work, use in my car, basically a real laptop and not a huge, heavy beast that is a pain to bring anywhere. If you have any other options i should look at, would love to hear about them.

Voodoo ENVY Featherweight a:228 Notebook

4.5 Pounds with battery and drives
12.1" WSXGA+ 1280x768
High Gloss Wide Screen
12 x 8.6 x 1 inches (WxDxH)
talladega BLACK

AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-52
2 GiG Voodoo DDR2 533MHz SODIMM Kit
Seagate 100 gig 7200
Voodoo ENVY Super Slim DVD+-RW
UMA ATI RS485M VRAM 128
ENVY High Speed Ethernet
Voodoo ENVY Multi-Wireless Card
Belkin Bluetooth USB Adapter - Network adapter - USB - Bluetooth - Class 2
Windows XP Professional
Logitech® G7 Laser Cordless Mouse
Additional A:228 Power AC Adapter
Additional Lithium ION battery
1 Year Voodoo ENVY Warranty Policy
ENVY Silver Upgrade Policy

voodoo laptops are just rebranded laptops... i dont recognise that model as its new, but i can (almost) guarentee you can get it elsewhere for cheaper, or even get a barebones version of it. They basically take popular notebooks and slap paintjobs on them, and put 250% markup on them... The laptop im on right now was painted and sold at around 4K for the configuration that i put together for around 1600 a little over a year ago.

I really dislike that company description... 'envy high speed ethernet' '2 gig voodoo ddr2'

the sz is the one with the 6600go, core duo, 13.3" screen and the aluminum build, right? thats a sexy little laptop. around 2 grand retail, probly 1700 if you look around. If i had money, thats one i'd be looking at.

Im not a Fan of the SZ seems very cheap to me when I handled one at work. It was very flimsy and not to mention sony's horrible tech support.

id much rather go with a asus model or a IBM thinkpad.

id go with a Thinkpad, well because nothing can compete.

Back