• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KVM Switch that uses a non Scroll Lock Key Code to switch...anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzzbeaner

I need to switch between 2 computers, but I'm trying to use a barcode scanner to do it, and it can't create the scroll lock command.

Anyone know of something that doesn't use scroll lock or is programmable?

Cheers,
-Jeff

Why not just get one that also has a manual switch button to switch between terminals. I have a 4 port one that I got from Best Buy, it's a Linkskey, and has a manual button to switch as well as a hotkey.

Same with the D-Link DKVM-2U (USB model)...scroll lock switching or a manual push button.

BTW, no software or drivers needed for that one either.

Ohh I know, this one has a button too, but we want to automate it for our manufacturing staff to just use the "wand".

It may be impossible, I fear.

Cheers!
-Jeff

I have an old IoGear GCS84A KVM switch that uses a double tap of the control key to switch (left ctrl key moves left down the line, right moves right). I don't believe they make them anymore, but possibly you could find an old one on ebay?

http://42u.com/iogear-gcs84a.htm

Back