• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What chipsets/motherboars support Tualatin-S (NOT THE TUALATIN)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fireman233

Registered
Hi guys,
I am selling a PIII 1.26-S (by the way, Tualatin-S = Prestoria, not Prestonia) on Ebay and I keep getting questions from people about what motherboards support it. I really don't know. People really seem to confuse the Tualatin with the Prestoria, the chips are not interchangeable. Here's what I've collected so far.
Via Pro133T
Via Pro266T
ServerWorks Serverset III HE-SL
ServerWorks Serverset III LE
i815 B-Step (*******only certain boards*****)

Also, I ran this thing perfectl on the Gigaybte board, but aparently, not all i815 B-boards work. The TUSL specifically says it won't. TISU doesn't say.

i815 B-Step boards that work with the 1.26-S:
1) SuperMicro P3TSSA
2) Tyan Tomcat i815T (S2080)
3) Gigabyte GA-6OXET

i815 boards that don't support it:
1)Asus TUSL2-C specifically does not!!
2)Soyo TISU does not specify one way or another
3)All Shuttle Tualatin boards won't work according to them!!!

Anybody know anything else????

I got one running on my Soyo TISU with no problems.

All 512k of L2 Cache detected correctly.
Default core voltage detected correctly.
0.025 voltage adjustments work OK.

The manual is a bit short however.....:beer:

I sell lots on eBay, I try to steer away from these areas with potential customers. I always refer them to their motherboard's manufacturer unless I'm 100% certain.

They are buying from me, but it's not my job to be their educator. I have even referred them here :D.

As for that chip not working on the TUSL-2 are you sure about that? I have seen many people using that chip on the TUSL-2. All the motherboard needs to have to be able to run the .13u chip is FCPGA-2 compatibility. If the board has that then it is compatible!

Why are you selling that chip and how much
do you think you will get for it ?

You should buy a motherboard yourself and build
a system to play UT on.:beer: :D

6502 kid ?

yo
what up with that PR rating next to your mhz scores what does it mean? if its pentium rating? then why write it in, pentium 1 is long out of date. if it aint that then what is it. i dont think that anyone has overclocked a pentium 1 passed a 1000mhz.

In SiSoft Sandra, when you benchmark your CPU, it will give you a PR rating. Not sure how it matches up with the speed of a CPU or anything like that, but those PR ratings are for the computer sustems just below it, both PIII's I may add.

huh?

what he said?
what he said doesnt make any sence to me. first of all quote 'Not sure how it matches up' then 'for systems below it' what systems? what systems are you on about? C64? amiga500? what you matching it to? PR performance rating? or do i have to make something henis out of that PR abberiation.

amd and cyrix came up with the PR rating way back in the first pentium days. their processors were slower but they insisted that they equaled the speed of intels, like a cyrix 166mhz was supposed to be the same speed as a pentium 200 so it was named a cyrix PR200
it was to compare non-intel processors to intel processors. it doesnt make much sence to show the PR rating on sandra when you are using an intel processor, heh.
my p3 933 is equal to a p3 1.1ghz!! w00t! :burn:

Hmm...the name thing threw me at first, but after reading through several online reports/white papers/data sheets, I'm finally not confused anymore!

Prestoria = Tualatin-S (low power consumption .13 micron PIII)
Prestonia = Socket 603 .13 micron Pentium 4 Xeon

Did Intel do this just to mess with me? :confused:

Back