• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Core Temp" - CPU Temperature monitoring tool for the K8 series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Coolest your a HERO for this.

Does it support s754?

One question, how does it read CPU Diode temps if normal temperature programs can't get to that kinda stuff? Is this program reliant on motherboards that read the CPU Diode temp?

As long as you have a K8, it'll work.
It reads the temps directly from the core (its kept in a special register in the IMC).

@ idle i see a differnce in the temps @ load they are the same or 1deg off
I use coretemp over mbm5 and speed fan , much better :beer:

Sorin said:
http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/10/03/idf2006_technologyshowcase/

Click the image gallery link. Go to picture 12 of 39. Someone at the recent IDF (Intel Developer Forum) in San Francisco was displaying a C2D overclocked to 4.0GHz. In the picture Tom's Hardware took of what was displayed on the monitor, you can see that it looks like they are using Core Temp :D

Okay, well I thought it was neat at least.

Hey thats cool, and its not looks like they are using it. You can clearly make out Core Temp Beta 0. then its too blury.

Update!!!
New version is out!
Core temp now has its own website, no more posting and downloading it from a forum thread.

Read the 1st Post for the links and info

Kampfzerstorer said:
Hmmm, I dunno bout this. MBM 5 and SysTool both agree on my Idle temps ~28C, this however says 45C (!) Idle (4400+ stable @ 2.75).
1st, the expert has a known problem of reading low. I'd be very suspicious of 28C -- even water cooled. My 1st (rev AA0) was off by 10C and my 2nd (AC1) is off by only 2C. (I figured this out by clocking at 400Hz (yes, a 4800+ at a multiplier of 4 and a clock of 100 MHz), undervolting to 1.1v and letting it idle of 1/2 an hour, then comparing the water temperature at the exit of my CPU water block to the what my MB monitor was telling me).

The problem with the program (and similar ones reading the same sensors like Everest) is that it is reporting uncalibrated diodes. AMD claims they are +/- 14C. SO, if it's right, it's luck. At some point in time, I'm hoping that AMD will calibrate these diodes and then this will be super!

MBM5, SpeedFan, etc. just report what the BIOS tells them -- it's calibrated by the manufacturer (just not well here...).

I'd do something to calibrate your MB. You can adjust the offset in the latest BIOS on the health page.

Well at least on Intel CPU's CoreTemp and TAT (intels thermal program) read within 1 C of each other most of the time sometimes 2C. I'd trust something that comes directly from the manufacture of the CPU over what the motherboard maker supplies. And if thats the case CoreTemp has a closer reading to what the motherboard does then.

well my expert reads correctly (REV AB-0), i determined that by putting a thermal probe right up against the edge of the naked core. now, the probe understandably read about two degrees cooler. this proggy reads about 10c higher and doesn't hold a lot of merit w/ me. It may be accurate for Intel but i have serious doubts about AMD.

Last edited:
Guys,

There has to be something wrong here. Core 1 is cooler than my room temp:

I'm on air, stock cooling. Now some guys have stated that their CPUs are much hotter than software indicators. I'm just the opposite. I'll take my readings but I would only be kidding myself.

Last edited:
Back