• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Core Temp" - CPU Temperature monitoring tool for the K8 series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

Download Core Temp v1.18.1

This program lets you monitor Intel's Core, Xeon, Pentium, Celeron and Atom series, AMD Ryzen, APU, FX, Phenom, Athlon64 and later VIA C7 and Nano chips' die temperature.
The temperature readings are very accurate as the data is collected from a Digital Thermal Sensor (or DTS) which is located in each individual processing core, near the hottest part.
For more information click here

There is also an article posted about Core Temp and a little background on standard thermal sensors - Article
Please help out Core Temp popularity by Digging it.

If you find any bugs, please post it in the "Bugs" section ASAP!
Any suggestions on improvements or ideas are welcome in the "Development" section.
Note 1: Please read the ReadMe!.txt file for some useful tips.

Are you a developer yourself and have ideas for new features?
Click here for information about developing your own plugins for Core Temp.

What's new:

Version 1.18.1 - 24th September, 2023

- Fix: Do not display TDP and TjMax for Zen and Zen+ CPUs
- Fix: Incorrect BCLK on legacy (Pre-Zen) AMD CPUs
- Fix: Check for updates feature

Version 1.18 - 4th December, 2022

*** Core Temp Monitor is now available, Windows Phone and Android apps apps to monitor your machines from anywhere in the world!
More information is available here

- New: AMD Zen 4, Zen 3 APU and Zen 2 APU support
- New: Intel Raptor Lake and Alder Lake support
- New: TDP, TjMax, multiplier range detection on desktop AMD Zen platforms

- Fix: Address the kernel-mode driver vulnerability/exploitation issues
- Fix: Redesign Bclk detection on all AMD platforms starting from the Phenom series
- Fix: Workaround the Bclk detection issues on Intel Skylake and newer series
- Fix: Bclk detection on older Intel platforms, utilizing x2Apic configuration
- Fix: Thread count on Intel hybrid architectures (Raptor/Alder Lake)
- Fix: Improve support for multiple older AMD and Intel processors
- Fix: Base multiplier detection on AMD Zen processors
- Fix: Incorrect temperature on AMD Zen processors (missing -49C offset)
- Fix: Engineering Sample recognition on newer Intel processors
- Fix: Multiple minor bugs

- Change: Windows Vista 64-bit is no longer supported

Older versions

Last edited:
It supports s939.
It works on all K8 CPUs starting with the very early SH-C0 revision.

I am liking this. It is a really light way to monitor my temps.

The readings are simple and easy to read. Good job there. :D

coool, so is it actually reading seperate temps for each core? or is it reading say a core, and the pwm or something like that?

freeagent said:
coool, so is it actually reading seperate temps for each core? or is it reading say a core, and the pwm or something like that?
Temperature of each seperate core. :)

oooo now that is neat... my software monitor is out to lunch, compared to your app.. it makes me think that my software reads one core (maybe both) then gives an average with the two combined, or something.. anyways, thanks for the cool app :)

Edit: see what i mean? core0 was down to 28, mine said 30. but the loads are what got me, its cool in here, for summer, and im only giveing it 1.41 in the bios.. i also noticed core1 will run a lil hotter then core0 both idle and load, dam crooked ihs lol
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9835/fold5ci.jpg

edit again, im on an asus, my abit has been in rma for the past 8 weeks

Last edited:
Aaah i see where i went wrong - downloaded the wrong version :D

However, is this accurate, cause the BIOS temp monitors report one thing, and CBID reports about 4*c higher than CoreTemp

As far as I know the sensors in the cores are calibrated, and are supposed to report accurate temps.
There's is a field that reports how "Off" the diode is, but I believe its there for the on-board sensor of the motherboard.

What I'd like to see is what the temp difference becomes when only one core is under full load, and then only the other. How hot does the idle core get compared to when both cores are idle.

The Coolest said:
What I'd like to see is what the temp difference becomes when only one core is under full load, and then only the other. How hot does the idle core get compared to when both cores are idle.
I'm actually checking that right now. I've got SETI running on core 2, core 1 is idle. I've only been running it for about 5 minutes now, but core...hmm, well isn't that strange...I've assigned SETI to run on core two from the task manager, but Core Temp reports core 1 around 54C and core two around 49C...

Whats the margin of error for these sensors? Theres no way it could accurately be reading 56 degrees one second, 50 degrees the next, and 54 a second later.

Well I don't know. The margin of error probably differs from chip to chip. But you got to remember that this is not like a on-board sensor, it updates very rapidly.
What happens to the temps if you switch SETI to the other core in Task Manager?

hmmm.. ok, well i just fragged my windows install, im back to 32bit. unfortunately, i lost the app, as it was in my documents.. so, now when i click your link in the first post, and dl the app, it tells me this is not a rev f/g cpu. did you change the link?

Back