• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THe TOTALY custom painted (airbrushed ) PC project - phase 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice! The case exterior is looking better than some of your WC components!

As good as those pics look, I get the feeling it looks better in person. So hard to capture a good paint job in a picture...

Deathknight said:
Nice! The case exterior is looking better than some of your WC components!

As good as those pics look, I get the feeling it looks better in person. So hard to capture a good paint job in a picture...

OH, sweet heavenly bliss !! finaly some one has said it ! lol
your right... it is SO SO hard to capture a true likeness of this kind of thing.
i know ' the camera never lies' but in some cases it really does.
the amount of comments ive had about the 'awful, ghastly' Red that my PC insides are painted in is unreal !. it looks disgusting ont he pictures. but i just cannot photograph it to look liek it does in Real Life.

Jake:
thanks :) i dont really know how long ive been properly airbrushing, but i started model making when i was 13, probobly picked up an airbrush when is was 15 ish ( for model making purposes - but surisingly, the airbrush is now my sworn enemy when model making ! old school brushes give one hell of e batter result ! ) and im 18 now. i think most of my skill has developped withign the last 2-3 years though. it was more just discovering new materials, beifgn able to afford better equipment. it all works towards better artowork to be honest.

Thanks again guys.
im gonna try and get all these pannels polished ASAP. but for anyone whose done it by hand before, you will know its an absolute nightmare ! my arms already fel like theyre gonna drop off !

Rick

wow sounds like you've been at it for a while then. Another question for you... are you worried about the paint getting messed up from heat on the waterblock?

JakeKlem said:
wow sounds like you've been at it for a while then. Another question for you... are you worried about the paint getting messed up from heat on the waterblock?

not at all.

the waterblocks generaly dotn get that hot. id hazzard a guess that a cars pannles would get ALOT hotter than my water blocks will ever get.
remember, these components are painted in exactly the same way as your car or bike ( well maybe after a re spray, or repair as the paint cars with all sorts in the factories :| )

so its very tough stuff, although ive taken a chip it of my pump wjhen a grinded it against my soundcard :'( ... a few times

JakeKlem said:
oh ok, i dunno why, but i always thought the paint would be sensitive
some paints are sensitive to heat. but not many are sensitive to the low temps were dealing with here. ( lol then again it is an intel CPU ha ha )

no real updates.
ive got annother metre of pond tubing to cover the bits i missed, liek the HUGE T line length :(

apparently my mate can 'borrow' a polisher from work for me on monday... btu i dont know if it will eb th right kind or not... we will see
and my wonderful boss has givven me next week off :( so im uber skint / poor for 2 weeks lol... Ebay time

Last edited:

.......I'm pretty sure the words I want to use to describe your work, are not permitted on this forum. :eek: :eek:

That is an amazing talent you have, and applying it to custom rig paintjobs, is wicked on soooo many different levels.

Full props and respect from me to you guy. That's amazing.:beer:

i should really take it outside to photgraph buit ill do it after my daily PC duties lol.

So after all the polishing ups and downs, highs and lows... here she is !
finaly005mediumwc1.jpg

the polishing started yesterday and thigns were loookign up
finaly002mediumhp7.jpg

a reminder of what the pannels looked liek before polishing:
clearcoat004medium7uv.jpg

Case assembled, lights off, cathodes on !
finaly007mediumdc8.jpg

a peak at the inside cable tidying madness !!!! 1 1 1 one one one
finalytidymediumka1.jpg

OMG! that thing is Purely Amazing, I'm going to have to mail you my Armor case and have you paint it.

Horrible...just ugly as sin. You should mail that to me so i can properly admire....errr dispose of it.

Looks great. I have always wanted to do a realistic flame job on my case.

Back