• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another day, another K8L date....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its not posible that they bring quad-core K8l in q1 2007, this is junk what they say. If Amd target was mid 2008, then is not posible to bring it fully 1.5 year ahead.
But if that happen (and im sure it will not) then Amd will have a incredible cpu.

What is it with The Inquirer, first of all when released the K8L quadcore A64 will be an X4 not X2. Also the first released will more than likely be server chips because that market can use the L3 cache architecture for scalar systems. I would not be looking for a 4 Core desktop in 1H of 2007. We will get 65nm from Fab36 and more than likely see the K8L desktop AM3.

I did see that entry level chips will sport DC which must mean DC Semprons :lol: lauging but it's a given as even the minimal Vista will require the extra cylinder to keep up.

I just sold my rig...going from an Opty 144 @ 311x9 1:1 to an Athlon XP 1700+, and the difference is quite minimal...I can't wait for the feeling of going from an AXP to K8L

ziggo0 said:
I just sold my rig...going from an Opty 144 @ 311x9 1:1 to an Athlon XP 1700+, and the difference is quite minimal...I can't wait for the feeling of going from an AXP to K8L
me too brotha toast.gif

ziggo0 said:

not sure what you are doing with your computer, but there is far from a minimal difference between those two. Unless you are just surfing the web and playing music...

squads said:
not sure what you are doing with your computer, but there is far from a minimal difference between those two. Unless you are just surfing the web and playing music...

Lol...even at stock speed...Windows still feels very snappy. Granted even when overclocked its far from my Opty...but its still very speedy in Windows. I don't have any problem playing HL2 @ 1024x786, All high settings, full hdr, 4xfsaa & 8xaf with good frames on a 9700PRO...

Back