• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me solve this cruel and unusual mystery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twoeyes

Well this has been plaguing me for about 8 months now, and is starting to get on my nerves.... Basically the issue is that I cannot connect to steam while using my motherboards built in nforce4 NIC. When steam pops up it asks for login - I type in the correct password and it says "login failed". Now as soon as I pop in a spare netgear networking card everything is peachy! This is annoying having to use up one of my PCI slots, and now i've moved that card to a new home in my lan server, so i'm cardless. Lucky for me it worked for a while as long as I didnt have to relogin, but once i accidentally tried to connect while doing something else on my router (internet was down) and it failed to connect and incidentally erased the clientregistry.blob file which is making me have to login again.

So theres all I know about the problem... I can only hope its a driver issue right now. Are there any 3rd party drivers or something I can try? Maybe i'll just try older versions for now.

Back