• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Throttle Temp for a 506

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dwschoon

Does anyone have any idea what temp the 506 throttles at? I have one on an Abit AS8 mb with the newest bios. I have a big typhoon cooler and several case fans. Ambient room temps are 70F. According to Abit EQ the cpu temp is 45 while folding. Im concerned that maybe this is actually too low, so i thought about running throttle watch with the fan off to see what the cpu temp shows when it starts to throttle. I need to know what the throttle temp on the cpu is though. Thanks.

Throttlewatch shows no throttling at 60 degrees
Throttlewatch shows throttling at 61 degrees.
These were temps reported in Abit EQ.
Any ideas what this means for my onboard temp sensor?

well my CPU has never throttles so ill just say what it does do

on my motherbaord in the bios you can set a warning temp for the CPU and it seems that if the temperature reaches 5C higher than that it shuts off im not sure exactly what the temp is when it shuts the cpu off since everything just freezes i have not yet actually tryed to make the cpu trottle by disabling the temp warning and stopping the fan

so i dono if this actually means much but jus something that ive seen with my cpu i may try to make it trottle after i sleep since its 2am

Back