• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

****nazlE! Did I buy the Wrong Heatsink?? Ninja

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir. BOBSONATOR

I have more of a air-flow by fan case.

NINJADRAWING.jpg

Thats what i plan on doing,

NINJA2.jpg

With my fan blowing this way.

My Only concern is, did i buy the wrong heatsink? I got the SCNJ-1000P (fan Included) Should I have gotten the Scythe Mine Cooler?

And here is a Half-assed photoshop

HALFASSED.jpg

Last edited:
I was recently in the same boat, I checked some reviews and at worst the Mine is 1 or 2 degrees ahead of the Ninja which is within testing variance. Probably with a high speed fan the Mine could be a bit better but the difference is small, I ended up getting a Ninja because they are priced lower :)

Not to be pedantic, but you have the fan clips on wrong. I had mine on like that at first, too. Most everyone has them on wrong, even most reviewer's I've seen.

The triangular part of the clips should be facing each other, not away from each other. The fan isn't going to fall off if you don't change it, but the clips will sit all the way down in the grooves and that bow will go away.

First pic: Where else were you planning on installing the Ninja?

And what did you mean by "did i buy the wrong heatsink" ??? What are you worried about.... temps, placement, airflow?

Sir. BOBSONATOR said:
Did I buy the Wrong Heatsink??

You really should research that before you make your purchase. Lol.

Sir. BOBSONATOR said:
Thats a photoshopped pic! lol read what i wrote..

So you photoshopped the image, that doesn't mean it isn't your box and you didn't take the pic. :rolleyes:

Back