• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's wrong with this picture?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only problem with trying to cut through the epoxy is that the intake cap thingy with the barb screwed in it goes into the pump housing by about a 1/2 inch. I epoxied around that as well, most of the epoxy is inside the pump where I can't possibly cut through it. On the positive side, the pump is now completely silent when I plug it in.

Sephis said:
On the positive side, the pump is now completely silent when I plug it in.

That's always good :thup: At least you got your goal of quieting it down.

now, only if it pushed water

Actually I'd try heat...a heat gun or even some boiling water. Heck, it's a submersible pump, you could even throw it in a veggie steamer.
Epoxy sets by a thermal reaction, and it turns back to goo when you apply heat.

Now I don't know how much heat it would take, and at what temp the pump starts melting. It's not like it's gonna cost anything at this point to try.

Well, I froze the pump for about an hour, and managed to get the barbs out. I can't get the intake cap thingy off though. I also managed to break off one of the finger tabs on the intake side. On a side note, I thought epoxy set because of the evaporation of the solvent.

Last edited:
Back