• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's wrong with this picture?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sephis

Look at the picture below and tell me what is wrong. After someone figures it out I will tell the story.

Last edited:
I know nothing about WCing, but I would have to guess you took your pump apart and when you put it back together you realized you forgot something very important.

Well first off for some reason the main thing that moves the water is not inside of the machine ^^ and secondly, is that melting right by the plastic barb thats showing the most?

I took the pump apart to do an impeller mod to quiet it down. I epoxied the impeller to it's magnet. I epoxied the pump closed to stop some leaking. Afterwards I realized I forgot to put the impeller back in the pump before I epoxied it shut. So much for my via aqua.

I took the pump apart to do an impeller mod to quiet it down. I epoxied the impeller to it's magnet. I epoxied the pump closed to stop some leaking. Afterwards I realized I forgot to put the impeller back in the pump before I epoxied it shut. So much for my via aqua.

Takes courage to admit something like that. :eek: But must thank you, highly entertaining LOL.

Valk said:
Wow.. im impressed

Extremely... It seems stupid to forget the main part of the pump, but I'm sure I would have done the exact same thing

Well, now you get to get a D5 :D

Heh, I'm using the five minute epoxy from Wal-Mart. It's good stuff, just 40 minutes or so after epoxying the pump together I couldn't break any of the connectors free. I tried using a pipe wrench to try and twist them loose, but all I managed to do was get some really bad cracking sounds from the pump. I suppose D5 it is. Thing is, Iv'e only owned this pump for about 8 hours.

Sephis said:
Heh, I'm using the five minute epoxy from Wal-Mart. It's good stuff, just 40 minutes or so after epoxying the pump together I couldn't break any of the connectors free. I tried using a pipe wrench to try and twist them loose, but all I managed to do was get some really bad cracking sounds from the pump. I suppose D5 it is. Thing is, Iv'e only owned this pump for about 8 hours.

Or if your pockets are shallow...try this: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=466615

Mine arrives tomorrow...

Thanks for that link ziggo, I'll look into it. I'm not using any high restriction parts (maze4 and a B'ville heatercore) so that pump would suit me just fine.

i think the whole thing about owning if for a whole 8 hrs is the best part. lol. better luck next time tho. its always a shame to see a good piece of computer equipment go.

(i know this was already anwsered) well their sonny jim it looks as if the blue thing fell out of the ceiling and magicaly gled ur little black box togather :D

try a exacto knife and just make small fine cuts. locktite also has a cleaner for removing super glue and other things,(dont have the bottle to look it up) u might try that out.

Sephis said:
Thanks for that link ziggo, I'll look into it. I'm not using any high restriction parts (maze4 and a B'ville heatercore) so that pump would suit me just fine.

Yeah, same with me, for now I'll only have a MAZE4 and a BIP II in the loop but once I get some more cash the Apogee is coming.

deathknight suggested while back re breaking epoxy - put in in the freezer for half hour in plastic bag then take it out and try cracking it of straight away

Back