• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8N32-SLI Deluxe settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MinoasPrince said:
Hi ,
i face some problems and i need any possible help..

On my system (see sig) when i turn it on after the night over for example it runs fine...i listen to the single beep and windows load without problem...
Then if i restart....problem...no beep no signal on the monitor...i must press the reset button 2-3 times to restart again and post...so the reset doesnt work always as well...or i must take the psu cable out for some minutes,then it runs fine again until the next restart....

Ive tried until now..
first bring clocks to default..reset 2-3 times,i made the trick also with the reverse of the battery...change the ram to the blue slots..downdrade to 1303 bios from 1405...problem remains the same...is the mobo rma ready???
The system was running fine for monthes...

Any ideas would be very helpfull..
I've been trying to limit the posts here to specific, technical questions instead of problems that need to be worked out. Since I've never heard of an issue like this at stock speeds we'll need to talk about it a bit and maybe get some other input. There are lots of guys on here that run A8N32s and have their own expertise.

Please see this thread for our discussion: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5125178#post5125178

Congrats

What a nice find this thread is. I have been searching the web for something specific like OCing the A8N32-SLI for some time now.

Thank you QuietIce :beer:

I hope it helped ... :)

Yes it did! And thanks again for the detailed instructions and advices.
At first trial I arrived at 3003 MHz (from 2600 stockspeed) at reasonable temperatures.

4%20Combined%20Merged.jpg

3%20Opteron%20185%20Temps%20Idle.jpg

I was not able to exceed 231 Mhz CPU FSB, no matter which parameter I changed: TRAS from 8 to 12, CPU Voltage increase from 1.325 to 1.3375 V or the Proc. Frequ. Multiplier. from 12x to 13x.

And yes, I have set the 1T/2T Memory timing to T1, the K8 to NB Frequency to 5x, and the K8 to NB Link Width to 16 v 16 ^.

I sincerely believe the limfac of my rig is the RAM. I have got a set of
2048MB Corsair PC400 CL3 KIT TWINX2048-3200PRO
with the stock settings of
CAS 3
tRAS 8
tRP 3
tRCD 3

Nevertheless I am a little proud of my first OC-achievement, a gain in CPU-speed of around 400 Mhz.
Well yes, I will do a stress test with Prime95 in order to verify the stability of the system. :thup:

Last edited:
MY V CORE READS 1.47 IN CPUZ so is this not true then i have to over volt ??

MY V CORE READS 1.47 IN CPUZ so is this not true then i have to over volt ??
I changed post #4 to reflect changes in CPU-Z. Versions 1.4x and above seem to read the correct vCore. However, the newer boards can also run a bit higher on "stock" vCore than the older ones.

If you're looking for control of vCore at 1.30v or above I still suggest using over-volt and setting the VID 0.200v below what you want. I've tried out 4/5 of my A8N32s and have gotten the same response from each - 1.100 VID with over-volt enabled still gives me 1.300 ±0.01v. I've only tried under-volting a couple of them and anything below 1.100 VID w/over-volt just doesn't seem to work well ...

Last edited:
im having a problem with new hardware detected pop ups, every time i boot three of these windows come up, one says "other pci bridge device" and another says "memory controller".

im thinking these are driver issues and instead of swapping out each one, can anyone identify which ones need to be installed/reinstalled?

im having a problem with new hardware detected pop ups, every time i boot three of these windows come up, one says "other pci bridge device" and another says "memory controller".

im thinking these are driver issues and instead of swapping out each one, can anyone identify which ones need to be installed/reinstalled?

ZOMG IDK

Well, a quick look at my devices shows 1 direct access memory controller and six other listings as "memory controller". The six memory controllers seem to share the same driver version as the two Hypertransport Bridges, which are also listed in system devices (in my case driver v5.1.2600.450 by nVidia).

What do you show under system devices ...?

From what I'm seeing it's the same chipset as always, no changes. Version 6.82 was last updated 2005/10/14 and I'm guessing that's the same driver that shipped with your board.

Have you got the disk? If so, I'd just reinstall the chipset driver from there, you shouldn't need to uninstall anything ...

Back