• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions from the pro's on this MOBO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fogger

If you read my profile, you will notice that overclocking on my current rig is not very much an option. I do have some nice hard ware and alot of ram that I would like to plug into a board including my PIII. I have tried with token amounts of FSB tweaking...it's really not worth it.

SO...on to the question> Can you guys check out this Dual PIII MOBO at this link: My PIII is a slot 1 type processor

http://www.8anet.com/merchant.ihtml?id=22&lastcatid=4&step=4

And tell me what you think in your professional (and non professional opionions). The way I see it is that I can still use everything that I have and just buy another PIII and really crank on the processing power. Am I misguided? Anyway, I would not pay $169 for anything with such and enemic description. Please give it to me straight. I love POWER on the rig! But hate making dumb and misguided purchases.

fogger :cool:

Your link is not working for me :(

Most of the time using dual cpu's will not make a great difference over a single for the average user.

i couldn't get the link to work either, but using duals isn't really effictive unless you have an OS that supports duals (NT, win2k, 2inxp, etc....) and you do alot of work in video editing, adobe and stuff along those lines...

Dual procs are great if you do lots of multitasking or are running a server. Otherwise in most applications, you'll only see an average of about 15% performance gain over a single CPU. Plus, they work best if you get matching CPUs. One of the more reasonable priced, reliable, and overclocking friendly P-III mobos has to be the Abit VP6.

Many Thanks

Thanks for your input Placid, drdingo & Batboy. This truly is a great source of information (you three included)! I guess I just get restless and want to ramp it up some more. After finding that my QS440BX wasn't going to do it, I still wanted to take it a step further. I was going to match my slot 1 PIII with another...if such a thing can be found. I may just need to wait until I can get a new system. The clocks will have changed significantly by then. Anyway, all of your hard work on this board certainly does not go unrecognized!

fogger :D

PS-Sorry about the link, I copied it right out of the browser window. It must be a one time, start from the home page thing.

there are lots of nice single PIII boards out there such as The P3V4X, or the BP6, these will give you as many ocing options as you want...

Back