• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The NEW SOYO SY-P4S DRAGON Ultra Mobo is coming to a P4 near you!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Soyo, mobo of the future...

Next summer I plan on building my first o.c. P4 computer and am going to base it around the Soyo SY-P41SR mobo.
Specs.- 400fsb,3 Gig max memory,up to 2.0 GHz processor support. Item#5450-2100,price $169.99

Re: Soyo, mobo of the future...

R.N. said:
Next summer I plan on building my first o.c. P4 computer and am going to base it around the Soyo SY-P41SR mobo.
Specs.- 400fsb,3 Gig max memory,up to 2.0 GHz processor support. Item#5450-2100,price $169.99

LOL Next summer?
Wait for the new one.. *forgets the name* Ithalium or something ;p

hehe

There's going to be way better mobos in the future since next summer is a big gap.. So just wait :p
Half a year.

Re: Soyo, mobo of the future...

R.N. said:

By the way..

Why do you need 3gigs of ram!!!
I mean 1gig is enough already :)

Re: Re: Soyo, mobo of the future...

Ithalium??? You mean Itanium??? That wouldn't be very practical at all... that's mainly a server chip. And I mean heavy-duty servers. I don't think you'll see any of those for consumer use... then again you can never have too much power....

You are right about that, I keep forgetting that computer systems age like dogs do. By next summer there might be 3 Gig mobos with on-board sound that has 24-bit/96-kHz digital to analog converters and 32-bit digital mixing capabilities.:D

The reason I seek the most memory is because my new system will be the brain of my new home recording studio. I plan on using a plain 2.0 GhZ P4 CPU, nothing fancy.

R.N. said:
The reason I seek the most memory is because my new system will be the brain of my new home recording studio. I plan on using a plain 2.0 GhZ P4 CPU, nothing fancy.

Oh.. By then the 2.0gig won't be that expensive .. They will sorta be like the 800 now.

Re: Re: Re: Soyo, mobo of the future...

jazztrumpet216 said:
Ithalium??? You mean Itanium??? That wouldn't be very practical at all... that's mainly a server chip. And I mean heavy-duty servers. I don't think you'll see any of those for consumer use... then again you can never have too much power....

I never really got into those chips.. :p Not much people even talk about it anyways so don't blame me!

Also by next summer the new o.s. from microsoft will be out, now it is code name: Whistler. The new o.s. will not require to be rebooted and will be able to multi-task better than any o.s. on the market including 3rd party.:eek:

I'm just letting you guys know about this SOYO DRAGON Ultra P4

Mobo. that supports 2.0GHz and up when they come out because

I own a SOYO DRAGON Original Mobo. and a NEW SOYO DRAGON

PLUS Mobo. for my ATHON ThunderBird 1.4GHz OC to 1680MHZ

Max. exactely. Also for my ATHLON XP 1800+ OC to 1725MHz right

now and I might try to take it higher. I just hope that I doesn't

die on me if I OC it any higher than this. What I'm really trying to

say here is that SOYO makes some damn good Motherboards

that OC. very well and their quality and perfomance is excelent.

So get yourself a SOYO DRAGON ULTRA for Intel Pentium 4 chips

and let me know how they work for you. :cool:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Soyo, mobo of the future...

Yodums said:

I never really got into those chips.. :p Not much people even talk about it anyways so don't blame me!

Sorry man, didn't want it to come off that way. They're not very well publicized to consumers... so I'm betting most of us don't know a lot about them. I just basically know they're not consumer chips.

R.N. said:
Also by next summer the new o.s. from microsoft will be out, now it is code name: Whistler. The new o.s. will not require to be rebooted and will be able to multi-task better than any o.s. on the market including 3rd party.:eek:

ummm dude, whistler=Windows XP, whistler is already out, and it didnt help the P4 that much, it still gets crushed in most tests, also make sure that theDragon supports the Northwoods, because then when you upgrade your CPU youll have more options...

Like I said.............it's a SDram board................DDR - SDRAM

Why cripple a P4 with DDR?

Back