• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can it be the NorthBridge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deadman93723

I have a P4P800-E dlx, I recently got a GeForce 6800GS for it. Prior to putting in the 6800gs I had a system overclock of 250fsb, it was Prime95 stable, Memtest86+ stable, and OCCT stable. When I installed the new video card, I had problems with the 6800gs like stuttering, freeze for a few seconds, stuff like that. So, I lowered my FSB to 240, and now it works great.

My question is can having a high system overclock plus an overclocked video card, just be too much for the northbridge on this board to handle?

I have a 7800GS on my p4p800 deluxe, didn't affect my overclocking
at all. Previously had a 9800xt and before that a Ti4200, all overclocked,
Try upping the Vagp in bios to 1.6v, may or may not make any difference.
The cpu I was using was a p4 [email protected], now it has a Dothan
1.5@2430mhz and Asus ct-479 adaptor.
Another thing to consider is that the 6800gs may run significantly hotter
than whatever You had in there before, more heat, less speed, especially
If your running a prescott.

imperiousleader said:
I have a 7800GS on my p4p800 deluxe, didn't affect my overclocking
at all. Previously had a 9800xt and before that a Ti4200, all overclocked,
Try upping the Vagp in bios to 1.6v, may or may not make any difference.
The cpu I was using was a p4 [email protected], now it has a Dothan
1.5@2430mhz and Asus ct-479 adaptor.
Another thing to consider is that the 6800gs may run significantly hotter
than whatever You had in there before, more heat, less speed, especially
If your running a prescott.

I do have the Vagp at 1.6, doesn't change anything, and my temps on both CPU and GPU are great. My CPU temps are 38c idle 50-55c hard load. My GPU temps are 48c idle and 65c full load. My Northbridge temp is always between 30c-34c.

I got it, it was my 2x256 ram chips. I guess I have to live with only 1Gb of ram. Was the problem because I had all 4 ram slots filled or because there were 2 different sizes of ram.

Back