Thread: Youtube

Youtube

I was reading youtubes Terms of Use and noticed this:

However, by submitting the User Submissions to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the YouTube Website and YouTube's (and its successor's) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the YouTube Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the YouTube Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website and under these Terms of Service.

Basically they can sell, advertise, distribute what you submit however they want and you just threw your rights out the window.

Helps to read the small print

heaven forbid youtube now has the IP rights to 'fat boy tryin to do a dive bashes his face on the diving board'

what a travesty

because most of the things on youtube are clearly just as classy
    ---AthlonIIx4 4GBDDR3 NV9800GT---

running Win7x64

10 Year Badge
    Problem lies when somone posts something that is copyrighted by someone else...
    Main System:.................................................. ......................Second System:
    DFI BloodIron P35-T2RL w/ Q6600 GO@ 3.2 (9x360), 1.4v....DFI Ultra-D w/Opteron 170 @ 2.7
    G.skill 4GB (2x2gb).................................................. ..............G.Skill Extreme 2GB (2x1gb)
    HIS 4850 680/1108.................................................. .............Nvidia 7600GT
    WD VRaptor 300gb/Seagate 1TB..........................................Raptor 74gb/Seagate 200gb
    OCZ GameXtreme 600SLI

lol, that's pretty cool. I'll be waiting for them to sell some teen's funny video blog to pepsi or someone for use in a commercial and then whoever it was in the video tries to sue.

Senior Django-loving Member Captain Newbie's Avatar
    Right seat with a bored "don't kill me" expression
    Duh?

It's the same with AIM. Anything you say becomes property of AOL which is why we corporate folks are so concerned about it.
    B.S. Computer Science, B.A. Political Science | Commercial Pilot Airplane Single and Multiengine Land, Instrument Airplane
    "And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
    The high untresspassed sanctity of space
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God."

Strong * Focused * Safe
    Apple Mac Pro 4,1, Two Nehalem Xeons 2.26GHzx4 (Hyperthreaded), 12 GB DDR3 FBDRAM | MacBook Pro 15" (2009)