• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blood Elf Paladins... /quit WoW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have always found shamans easier to fight than pallys so I don't really mind them going on alliance. Fighting a pally is absolutely the most interminable experience ever, a class you have to stand and watch heal without being able to do anything about - if you get him down without bubble he will loh or hoj and heal ... so theres atleast 4 times you will have to get him down and just when you think you have him the nub will potion - the thing is you still kill them even with all that crap

It will certainly make AV interesting if there is a viable enough population of horde pallys

I gotta agree with the OP. I just don't really understand the point of it; that's what was always cool about those classes, is that they were faction specific. If you wanted to play one, you had to make a choice. Meh. Whatever, I quit a long, long time ago anyways.

i cant tolerate the game for more than 2.5 months... i dont know how the **** anyone can play this game for as long as you do... it just gets so old so fast. if you've been playing since launch you need to quit.

the lore is pretty ghay. mixing sci-fi and fantasy isn't my thing.

Banyan said:
i cant tolerate the game for more than 2.5 months... i dont know how the **** anyone can play this game for as long as you do... it just gets so old so fast. if you've been playing since launch you need to quit.

the lore is pretty ghay. mixing sci-fi and fantasy isn't my thing.

Its the I's and the me's thats your problem.

There's an entire world outside of those 2 things.

:welcome:

ps anyone else play Might and Magic?

OC Noob said:
Its the I's and the me's thats your problem.

there is no other way to look at something... should i look at the game from your perspective which i dont know to begin with? i'd guess "i" and "me" statements are better than "you" statements though, right?

i don't play WoW, i played the beta, and played a few months of it, and i couldn't stand it honeslty. It felt like the exact same previous 5 MMO's i played, but with different graphics and textures. I found nothing innovative, or new in this game.

but that being said, I love the Warcraft games. and it completly defy's everything Blizzard has put in the story's of Warcraft to let orcs use pally's, and let alliance use shamans!!

That would be like yoda letting a sith join the jedi, and the emperor letting a jedi join the sith.

or it would be like god letting a deamon in heaven, and satan letting an angel live in hell.

it just doesn't work. and changing 10+ years of story, because some people don't know how to play their classes correctly is absurd.

i'm sure the FFXI croud would be mad if suddenly a black mage could equip full armor, and a sword, and a warrior has all the nuke magic at his disposal.

Or in Eve, if they made it possible for a person who PVP's suddenly have the ability to mine in a fighter ship, like their piloting a hulk, and letting a hulk be able to have the best of all the weapons.

sorry, but most people here seemed to have only read the first response, then hit reply, without reading a few posts down, as to why this change made the OP mad. Instead of doing some actuall reading, this thread turned into a dry bale of hay, and a spark is about ready to burn the entire thing down, and a flame-fest the size of a bon-fire will erupt. all because people choose to keep bashing each other, instead of looking at the topic on hand.

Whatever, i'm not a mod. i just hate to see threads end up in the crapper, over a video game.

and to the OP. I agree with you, and glad that you are in eve. ( as am i. i'm the mining director for the OC-forums Corp in eve )

zexmarquies01 said:
i don't play WoW, i played the beta, and played a few months of it, and i couldn't stand it honeslty. It felt like the exact same previous 5 MMO's i played, but with different graphics and textures. I found nothing innovative, or new in this game.

but that being said, I love the Warcraft games. and it completly defy's everything Blizzard has put in the story's of Warcraft to let orcs use pally's, and let alliance use shamans!!

That would be like yoda letting a sith join the jedi, and the emperor letting a jedi join the sith.

or it would be like god letting a deamon in heaven, and satan letting an angel live in hell.

it just doesn't work. and changing 10+ years of story, because some people don't know how to play their classes correctly is absurd.

i'm sure the FFXI croud would be mad if suddenly a black mage could equip full armor, and a sword, and a warrior has all the nuke magic at his disposal.

Or in Eve, if they made it possible for a person who PVP's suddenly have the ability to mine in a fighter ship, like their piloting a hulk, and letting a hulk be able to have the best of all the weapons.

sorry, but most people here seemed to have only read the first response, then hit reply, without reading a few posts down, as to why this change made the OP mad. Instead of doing some actuall reading, this thread turned into a dry bale of hay, and a spark is about ready to burn the entire thing down, and a flame-fest the size of a bon-fire will erupt. all because people choose to keep bashing each other, instead of looking at the topic on hand.

Whatever, i'm not a mod. i just hate to see threads end up in the crapper, over a video game.

and to the OP. I agree with you, and glad that you are in eve. ( as am i. i'm the mining director for the OC-forums Corp in eve )

If you are so sad to see threads go in the crapper then don't come in here and bash a game, because your opinion on the game 5 months ago has nothing to do with the topic. As your analogy I think it's pretty xtreme. Being able to play a class is not the same as a class that has triple hp also being able to do the same amount of damage and wear the most elite gear. In Warcraft the Dranei offspring actually could use magic almost exactly like a shaman so that makes sense. The Blood Elf thing is simply for one to stop complaining of people saying Palys are overpowered and because Blizzard cannot give one side a new class/Pro and not do the same for the other.

i used to wonder why ppl played it, and i recently bought it and have been hooked ever since, ive got a lvl13 priest and a 22 mage and ive only had it a month. the game is so good. i dont really care if they change the player types.

I would play EVE over WoW if I had the choice. But I don't. All of my non-internet friends play WoW and are to dumb to understand Algebra 1 math so getting them to change games requires months of planning and strategy. Also with WoW I can play casualy and not use my thinking organ. Its simple and easy and I like that.

Banyan said:
there is no other way to look at something... should i look at the game from your perspective which i dont know to begin with? i'd guess "i" and "me" statements are better than "you" statements though, right?

Yes, but you can imagine other people having different perspectives and then its not such a mystery why everyone doesn't hate the same things you do.

Thus, you sort of answered your own question with the I and me statements:)

GREAT now Horde can go QQing all over the boards then they get earthshock + frostshock + chain lightning'd.

basically this just balances end game raiding since horde went QQing about pally blessings. And they can realize how much it sucks to be ganked as a pally with no way to stop or kill anything with a brain.

OC Noob said:
Yes, but you can imagine other people having different perspectives and then its not such a mystery why everyone doesn't hate the same things you do.

Thus, you sort of answered your own question with the I and me statements:)

i talk about myself and you just pass your time commenting on others thoughts.

Back