• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blood Elf Paladins... /quit WoW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WejRepus

Well, I have been a die hard WoW fanatic since it was first announced. I played beta, and since day 1. I have 2 accounts with ~12 characters including 4 60s. And today is the day that I cancel my WoW accounts and am moving over to Eve Online permentantly. If you havent heard, Blizzard announced today that the Paladins and Shamans will no longer be Alliance and Horde specific. I was willing to deal with Blood Elves, as the Lore worked. I got upset by Dranei because, well, spaceships! But this crap has gone too far. So, buh-bye WoW, hello Eve!

As an avid WOW player, I can comment that those reaons have almost no merit whatsoever. So what if those two classes are not specific to alliance or horde.. How on earth does that ruin the game in anyway whatsoever? It doesnt... You just needed an excuse for yourself to leave WOW. If you want to play Eve online thats fine, but dont make lame excuses as to why you are not playing WOW any longer.

Oh yea and lets not forget that its only the BE that can be a paladin and the Dranei the shaman... Big deal...

CGR said:
As an avid WOW player, I can comment that those reaons have almost no merit whatsoever. So what if those two classes are not specific to alliance or horde.. How on earth does that ruin the game in anyway whatsoever? It doesnt... You just needed an excuse for yourself to leave WOW. If you want to play Eve online thats fine, but dont make lame excuses as to why you are not playing WOW any longer.

Oh yea and lets not forget that its only the BE that can be a paladin and the Dranei the shaman... Big deal...

:eek: Oh Knows! FAIR GAME FTW!

I think it's because you're running out of excuses FTLing. :beer:

Ahh, another reason to not play WoW, the constant flaming by preteen n00bs. Good choice there Wej, eve is by far the better game, actualy takes intelligence to play.

shard said:
Ahh, another reason to not play WoW, the constant flaming by preteen n00bs. Good choice there Wej, eve is by far the better game, actualy takes intelligence to play.

Preteen? HA!!! Well into my 30's :p

CGR said:

while i thank you for this, i have to say that the new classes dont make the game less fun or alter any basics for me. however, i love the LORE in WoW. I love the stories and the background and the everevolving world that I can be a part of. However, this change is the straw that broke the camels back in terms of Blizzard making drastic changes to the history and lore of Warcraft for the sole purpose of creating new content and making the game as user friendly as possible. yes, the horde and alliance are imbalanced in a dozen ways. but guess what, life isnt balanced. the horde shouldnt have paladins for easier PvE and the alliance shouldnt have shaman for easier PvP. thats the way the LORE works. if you play WoW solely for the fun gameplay, than this is the worst reason ever to leave, as the new classes will make the game more fun and differant for each faction. however, for me, if the story goes to hell, i dont want to be in it.

I got upset by Dranei because, well, spaceships! But this crap has gone too far. So, buh-bye WoW, hello Eve!

you got upset by mmo-A for having spaceships, you quit for mmo-B which is nothing but spaceships

just because lord of the rings doesn't feature alien spaceships doesn't mean anything that ever has orks and wizards can't...

shard said:

Uhh, I hate WoW with a passion, but man you're generalizing so bad. If you really think EVE takes brains to play then ..... .... ummm nm :) ... and looking at the subs of both these games I would say EVE is not "by FAR the better game". They had only 100k subs till they announced that deal where you can get 2 accounts for extra $$.

Atari said:
Uhh, I hate WoW with a passion, but man you're generalizing so bad. If you really think EVE takes brains to play then ..... .... ummm nm :) ... and looking at the subs of both these games I would say EVE is not "by FAR the better game". They had only 100k subs till they announced that deal where you can get 2 accounts for extra $$.

Ok, you have a point, I was over generalizing. But I did it becuase I wanted to :p

Ah yes, because we know that the only determining factor in how much intelligence it takes to play a game is the amount of people playing it.

I hate WoW w/ life. I've lost friends to that game. Although I know enough to know thats like an automatic AWP in CS.

Elif Tymes said:
Ah yes, because we know that the only determining factor in how much intelligence it takes to play a game is the amount of people playing it.

Read my post again. Where in it did I say that? I was referencing the subscription numbers to the argument of Eve being a far better game. I pretty much dislike both games, but at least read what I wrote before being sarcastic.

Edit:

Ah yes, because we know that the only determining factor in how good a game is is the amount of people playing it

Nothing to do with marketing, hype, crowd mentality, etc. at all.

Elif Tymes said:
Edit:

Ah yes, because we know that the only determining factor in how good a game is is the amount of people playing it

Nothing to do with marketing, hype, crowd mentality, etc. at all.

You are really grasping at strawls trying to say the WoW's 5 million subscribers are based on marketing, hype and crowd mentality. If that were the case people would quit after the first month and if EVE was better there would be more hype, crowd mentality and subscribers.

Not that it really matters, but numbers like 5 million to 100k can't be fudged. Its just too overwhelming to be based on error or anomalies.

No but thats one of the only ways to say a game is better because everything else would be based purly on opinion. Anyway I in no way agree with the idea that you should quite a game because the field of play is being smoothed out side. Your money and time though so do as you please.

I dont like this change at all either, first im from the horde side so i hate pallys with a passion...second now im gonna have to fight alliance shamans....ugh come on...

Back