• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6.99 500W PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yup I just ordered one. Doesn't have dual 12v but for $7 after rebate it can be put to some use. It would be better with free shipping, but that would be too much of a good thing.

If a member hadn't just hooked me up with a forton 400w psu I would buy this as I was in need of a decend stock psu/

There is no way I would put this a PSU I got for $7 on my main rig. I bought it for a computer I am building out of spare parts. I just posted it in case someone is doing the same. When I receive it I will post my thoughts. Thanks for your warnings though. They are much appreciated.

I'm actually thinking about picking this up too, to use as a 2nd PSU to power my fans and pump. Decisions, decisions....

dicecca112 said:
the phrase you get what you pay for comes to mind, and all your paying for here is a boatload of trouble

lol obviously you arnt going to put this in your fx65 6gigs of ram 1tb storage overclocked to 10ghz rig..

it is good however if you are building a spare machine for a customer who isnt into overclocking

Lionsault_100 said:
lol obviously you arnt going to put this in your fx65 6gigs of ram 1tb storage overclocked to 10ghz rig..

it is good however if you are building a spare machine for a customer who isnt into overclocking

yep.

perhaps a folding rig or something.

OH my God... not that thing... NOT THAT THING!!!
Last time I used one of those it burnt out my AMD 3000, a nvidia 5400 and 512meg of ram... it shot out a huge white bolt and a mushroom cloud of smoke.
Mushroom%20cloud.gif
:eek: :eek: And I only used it for about 5 mins as a temporary... :-/ At least the explosions were amusing...

Many posts of this psu with many different views lots of hates. Actually for $7 its a ripoff when it was for free i remember one time

it isn't worth it if they paid you $7.00 to take the power supply

scott d said:
I'm sure skou will be along shortly to tell you about the Ultra products, but keep in mind you get what you pay for. in fact, with these PSUs, you get less than you pay for.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=466293

Scott, thanks for the vote of confidence! Although, sometimes you DO get more than you pay for. You get the opportunity to build a new rig, and get to see flashing lights and firehoses,:eek: :drool:

dicecca112 said:
the phrase you get what you pay for comes to mind, and all your paying for here is a boatload of trouble

Something tells me, my opinion of these firestarters PSUs is getting out. Nice to know someone is listening.:D:D

steve

Update,

There is a new section in Woot's Forum, and they are listing the Ultra X-Connect for $0.00 after rebate, from RatShack. If it had free shipping, and the price was $0.00 retail, with no rebate, I still wouldn't get any.

Oh, you need to go over to Woot, and see what some OCF member posted there.

steve

Back