• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to PCI-E motherboard, need help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iLLestOne

I am finally making the switch to PCI-E and need a new motherboard. I've been out of the loop for awhile now because of school, so I wanted to see what good (like nf7's :) ) motherboards for 939 there were.

Crossfire would be a plus, since I might be going crossfire once r600's come out :). And what's the big difference between "ATI CrossFire Radeon XPRESS 3200" and "ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 CrossFire"?!?

I like ASUS and DFI the best, but I'm open to suggestions :) Has any one MB stuck out like the best 939 mb there is (like the nf7)?!?

Thank in advance for any input!!!

Well the Dfi lanprty boards are very good overclockers, the main difference between the Xpress 3200 and 200 is that the 3200 has 2x16 pci-e slots while the 200 has 2x8 pci-e, features will very as the mobo maker can use other south bridges not only ati's own.

Any recomendations for Asus boards? I think I've got it down to either the "DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard" or a Asus board.

I've had REALLY bad exp. with DFI so far, and it seems their crossfire board's get a lot of bad reviews too (on dfi-street), so I'd rather not go with DFI, but I don't know much about other boards.....

What is a good Asus board (don't need SLI, i'll be running a x1900xt) hopefully under $200. Any other brands i should be looking at?

motherboards

look at the asus a8n-e board.great board,does everything well.another great board for the money is the abit an8 32x from newegg for 117.00 with rebate.its a 2 x 16x board and is a great deal for the money.check it out on newegg.id buy it if i had the cash handy this week.

Back