• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overdrive setting funkiness?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaos_Being

Its late and I need to sleep, but I figured I'd ask one question before I crash ;)

I just installed CCC today (I had been using the old-style Control Panel, but I decided I wanted to see for myself what the new one can do.) In particular, I wanted to give the Overdrive overclocking options a whirl. I figured I'd try something basic before jumping on ATI Tool, seeing as how I am still much more familiar with Nvidia overclocking programs. Herein lies my question though- when I manually change the clockspeed of either the VPU or Ram, once I hit apply it changes to a different, lower number. For instance, 650mhz will give me 648, and so on. Is this normal? It's bugging me. For that matter, it doesn't seem to display the proper 3D speeds either- it says that it will request 621mhz for the core (vs. 625,) and 720mhz for the ram (vs. 725.)

Thanks, time to sleep now, I have a bad habit of staying up way to late tweaking things...

Yeah I thought about that one as well being new to OCing the ATI cards, but all the pograms that i tried did the same thing. So I would just set it a few mhz higher as previously stated, and stick with that. :beer:

there is a certain granularity to clock change because there are only so many multipliers and the reference clock has a certain granularity to it.

Back