• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help with a MoBo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Ok I'm having a bit of a problem removing a MoBo. I have a friends rig and she wanted to upgrade so I took out the old ASUS P2L97-S and installed an new AOpen AX37 Pro. But the Rig keeps saying there is an PCI ISA bridge and on the new MoBo there is no ISA slot. I made a ghost copy of the hard drive and used the ghost and tried to remove the PCI Bus so it would redetect the new but still it shows up with the ISA. could someone anyone help me please.

but it has an ! before it and it`s in the drop down box. And after all this is my forth AOpen MoBo and this one is the only one talkin bout ISA.

You have the latest Bios for the board? Aopen frequently makes minor alterations to their boards and market's them as a 'New Product". Also, what OS are you using? That could be part of the problem as well.

wait wait what files where do i get them and what do i do with them. I really really don't want to reinstall windows cause she has alot of stuff for her cam and a lot of pics.

Sure you can install over an existing installation of Win. I'm running out the door right now so can't hunt up the link. You'll find them at Intel support. I'll check back later with the link :)

Finally got back. Checked things out a bit, forget the Intel files. Just found out this is a Via chipset board :) So the obvious question is....did you install the Via 4in1 drivers??
You generally should do a reformat when switching between chipsets, but it would be worth the try to re-install windows. The reason your getting the ! by the isa is the old board had isa slots. As far as the OS is concerned you're still using the same board just with some different stuff on board.

Take everything out except the basics (cpu, ram, hd and vid card) now try re-installing win. After that, install the drivers etc. from the set-up for that mobo. You may want to check at Via for newest 4in1 drivers(not sure which ver will be on your cd). If all goes well, put other add-ons in one at a time and fire'er up.

LMK how it goes :D

Last edited:
right now the only add on card in it is the video card. do i still have to reformat cause i tried to reinstall windows without and got nothing.

Okay. You re-installed and things are the same?? Sounds like ya might be looking at a reformat. If ya want to try, you could boot with a floppy into DOS and delete windows and then try installing. If it doesn't work...all you've lost is some time, if it works, she's still got all her data. You'll have to re-install any progs she has on there also.

Anybody else with any ideas ????? :confused:

Klown I think it leads to one last thing a format..

Seeing you have a burner.. Why not help her out and burn all of her files and then reinstall everything?

no setting in the Bios. But on a good note her new puter is done and she will have all her pics and other things. All we have to do now is reinstall her programs. I had a rig built for her with a Duron 800 and 128m.b. of ram and I'm goin to add in another 128`s for her. I think at times I might be to nice.

Back