• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nForce4 or XPRESS 3200?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iLLestOne

I was wondering what board you think I should go with.

DFI Lanparty UT CFX3200-DR Socket 939 ATI CrossFire Radeon XPRESS 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard

or

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

The system will be:
x2 3800+
xp4400 2.5-4-4-8 @ 275fsb
x1900xt
OCZ GameXStream 700-Watt

I MIGHT (probably) want to go crossfire later, but I also might not. I'm sure I'll just go r600 sometime next summer rather then going crossfire, but I dunno.

Other the crossfire, is there any other big difference to these boards? Which one is a better known oc'er!?

Any info would help! Thanks in advance!

Crosfire setups seem to be real expensive, I went with the NF4 SLIDR board and a single 7800GT, just picked up a second 7800GT for SLI.
The OCZ GameXStream 700-Watt is one of the most highly Recommended PSU you can get for the DFI boards and will do fine powering crossfire or SLI
Becarefull on memory choices the DFI boards can be very pickey with Memory.

power supply guide
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854
memory guide
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24719

I ended up getting the Ultra-d. I thought about crossfire alot, but unless I have 3 20" flat panels, it isn't worth it to me.
Also, I was trying to find a board that didn't have uli raid. My uli raid on this asrock sucks so much cpu power it literally makes games skip. I could get a s2 card, but my video card blocks the pci-x slot on the asrock. :bang head
The ultra-d has a PCI Express X4 and it's not blocked by the video card, which is a plus for expansion.
I looked at the rdx200 but upon researching I found alot of people having problems with it and/or not very good oc.
The Ultra-d is $100 and it has everything I need, plus some.

phatty2x4 said:
I see you got the 89w 4400. Mine will be here monday w/the ultra-d. :beer: I can't wait. :beer: :beer:
Did you get it from newegg? The ones from cali were "0610 DPMW" and from what I've seen, if you get one of those you are SET! :) Very good oc'ers!

Back