• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest won't even start w/ ddr550 and nf4 ultra-d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iLLestOne

When I try to start memtest, it just keeps looking at all these different files and won't ever load.

I even moved my fsb down to 250 and it didn't load......

This is with cpu at 250x7, htt 250x3, and ram at 1:1 2.5-4-4-8

The ram I'm using is mushkin xp4400, 2.5-4-4-8 and I'm not sure what bios I'm using because it doesn't tell me on the startup screen. I only see the DFI logo...any way to change that too!?

set everything back to stock settings first!

Don't assume your HTT/FSB is ok. set EVERYTHING back down to default and run the test to make sure the ram is fine at default settings, then up it about 5-10 at a time on the HTT/FSB till Memtest won't run. Then you have likely found the limit for your RAM (at least to the point of needing a voltage bump)

Set VDIMM to 2.7V-2.8V and set memory timings as follows:

Tcl: 2.5
Trcd: 4
Tras: 8
Trp: 4
Trc: 12
Trfc: 16
Trrd: 3
Twr: 3
Twtr: 2
Trwt: 3
Tref: 3120 / 3072

Set Drive Strength and Data Drive Strength settings in BIOS as well, to sete them as 7/auto or 5/auto (DS/DDS).

Last edited:
Hmm, for some reason memtest will start when I enable it in my bios (1.55, I have 1.65 on disk that won't start) but won't start from the floppy....

Anyhow, it seems to be fine at 275
Tcl: 2.5
Trcd: 4
Tras: 8
Trp: 4
Trc: 7
Trfc: 14-15
Trrd: 2
Twr: 2
Twtr: 2
Trwt: 2-3
Tref: 3120

w/ 1T and 2.7 volts (bios reads at 2.78v)

Thanks for the looser timings though. I'm going to try to go to 300+, so I'll use those when mine fail :)

Oh yea, I forgot it was 275 @ 2.5-3-3-8 2.7v...I love mushkin ram :) (this is with bios 11/14/05, i heard 6/23 was the best for tccd)

Lastly, is there any way to tell if I have TCCD or TCC5 in my xp4400 w/o taking off the spreaders!? (one of the spreaders only has ONE silver clip on top and the other has 2, seemed kinda weird to me b/c I got them from an RMA)

No way to tell unless you remove heatspreaders. I'm however very positive it is TCCD since it was very short amount of time there were TCC5 chips on XP3200 and XP4400 modules.

Mine didnt load either. Everything is back to stock.

It just comes uo with all these number, repeating them over & over & over until i got annoyed and turned it off.

bobthemoo said:
Mine didnt load either. Everything is back to stock.

It just comes uo with all these number, repeating them over & over & over until i got annoyed and turned it off.
Yup, that's what happens to mine too! But for some reason, the one in the bios loads.....AND tests the memory fine (5 loops of #8 and 5 loops of the whole test).

That's also good to hear that it's most likely TCCD. I haven't tried to overclock it yet, but I'm hopeing for 300ish @ 2.5-4-4-8 :)

hey i rember a while back some one had a link to some other place with all the ram timings you can change on the DFI boards and what a reccomended setting was for xbrand ram and such, does any one know where that is?
i was thinking it was on dfistreet but i may be wrong and i cant find it there

Back