• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which drivers with that AV-710

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreIU

I have been experiencing random freezing in games, where the image would freeze, then the sound would go bizzurk. I have been monitoring my temps for video/cpu/mobo chipset and all are fine. In fact, i even downclocked my system to original specs, and this still happened.

I have pretty much narrowd it down to the sound card. After a clean install od XP last week the problem still persists... so I am going to try using the Chaintech drivers (which are dated from 2004 or '03 :( ). Before I had the VIA drivers, which were rather recent.

If this does not fix it, I am likely to buy an XF-i, or whatever else you guys reccomend. So what drivers do you guys use?

good point, and i don't know why i didn't do that before i posted here. It seems that the freezing persists with the onboard video :( I have to go back to the drawing board now.

You must mean onboard sound, not video.

That's strange though, I would think it would be temp. related, but you're monitoring all of that. *shrugs*

i've been using the latest VIA drivers (500b) with my av-710 and had no problems while gaming. this is using either the high sample rate or standard 2-channel. i haven't tried the surround settings since i only have 2.1 speakers.

kovboi said:
i've been using the latest VIA drivers (500b) with my av-710 and had no problems while gaming. this is using either the high sample rate or standard 2-channel. i haven't tried the surround settings since i only have 2.1 speakers.

I have AV710 with 500b driver, but I have lots of sound problem with games.
Some certain sounds get distorted, and even missing in the mid of gaming.
I practically get frustrated with this card. I previously used DMX X-Fire 1024 for 2 years and I never updated my driver, but I could play any games without a problem.

Any advice ?

Serville said:
I have AV710 with 500b driver, but I have lots of sound problem with games.
Some certain sounds get distorted, and even missing in the mid of gaming.
I practically get frustrated with this card. I previously used DMX X-Fire 1024 for 2 years and I never updated my driver, but I could play any games without a problem.

Any advice ?
hard to say, but it sounds like a driver conflict. you might try uninstalling the drivers, boot into safe mode and use driver cleaner (for the av710 drivers as well as previous sound devices, including onboard sound), then boot into regular windows and re-install the drivers.

kovboi said:
hard to say, but it sounds like a driver conflict. you might try uninstalling the drivers, boot into safe mode and use driver cleaner (for the av710 drivers as well as previous sound devices, including onboard sound), then boot into regular windows and re-install the drivers.

I think it is the driver, or the wolfson DAC problem.
This happens only when I connect my speaker to the wolfson line-out.
Once I switch to the front line-out (the green connector), everything is fine.
That means something wrong with the wolfson out-put, either it is a hardware problem or a driver problem. I guess it is only a driver problem because I've heard the same missing sound problem from other people. It has something to do with sound mixing or something.

i occasionally have had the sound drop out while using the wolfson DAC, but just going back into the envy control panel and clicking on the "high sample rate" button restores the sound. it might be worth trying an older driver version.
but i haven't had any sound distortion.

Back