• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LITE-ON LightScribe DVD Burner $30.99 free shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea its a real nice deal. But what i was saying if yu want to replace a working DVD burner its not the greatest deal right now.

Silversinksam said:
I've already got a tip for you, when burning the label or whatever design via the Lightscribe function, this LiteOn drive has indexing, so if it's not dark enough, you can lightscribe it twice.:santa:

The price will come down, not long ago Dual Layer media was $5 to $10 for one disc, now its less than a dollar a disk. I paid .59 cents a Lightscribe disk, trust me, thats lower in price than Tyan Yuden. I didn't pay shipping, but with shipping 15 Lightscribe disks are .93 cents each, roughly the same price as Tyan Yuden. Like I said, even if they are half as good as Tyan Yudan I will be pleased. (When Tyan Yuden makes Lightscribe media, I will probably buy that)

PS, Even if you don't use the Lightscribe feature, you can use whatever DVD media you want. The DVD player is cheap enough ;)

Yeah, if you're already in the market for a new dvd-burner there really is no reason not to get a lightscribe.

Nice deal, though didn't want this 1 year ago(2 maybe) when it came out and honestly not interested now. For someone who is though this is almost to good to pass up.

I have this drive, yet to try out lightscribe, but if for some reason it doesn't read cd's when you first get the drive download the latest firmware and boot up in safe mode and flash the new firmware. I almost RMA'd mine until someone helped me figure this out. I also have a plain liteon dvd rom drive and it works flawlessly.

Grabbed it with the SD card... gonna slap the SD card in my iPaq for some good storage space ;)

hows teh quality of this? i bought a aopen dvd burner a year ago or so and it died after like 3 months or so and i bearly burned stuff with it

this is tempting, but it doesn't look like a cyber deal, looks like these are the going prices for these now all the time, so i'll be able to wait untill i get the core of my new system first (CPU/mobo/memory) to get new peripherals.. heh

i have 2 of them and have put 6 of them in customers systems. never had any complaints about them. i've had mine for around 4-5 months with literly no problems.

:beer:
Lionsault_100 said:
this is tempting, but it doesn't look like a cyber deal, looks like these are the going prices for these now all the time, so i'll be able to wait untill i get the core of my new system first (CPU/mobo/memory) to get new peripherals.. heh

clapsarcastic.gif
Try to find a link for this Liteon lightscribe for $30.99 shipped (even without the free 512mb card) it's a better price than just about every other vendor. I looked before I posted the deal.
Do a Google search, Pricewatch search, Pricegrabber or whatever you like, this was a cyber deal.

Lite-On SHM-165H6S Lowest price on Pricegrabber $40.92

Lowest price at Pricewatch: $37.99

Nextag: $45.38

Buy.com: $39.99 shipped

Zipzoomfly: $44.99

Would I post a non cyber deal
confuse.gif

PS Get your new PC up and maybe get one of these even lower in the future, or even better technology might be the ticket. But for now, this is a good deal for somene needing a new dvd burner.

btw - this is available with a 320gb seagate for like $115 shipped in another thread..making it that much hawwttter :D

Silversinksam said:
:beer:

clapsarcastic.gif
Try to find a link for this Liteon lightscribe for $30.99 shipped (even without the free 512mb card) it's a better price than just about every other vendor. I looked before I posted the deal.
Do a Google search, Pricewatch search, Pricegrabber or whatever you like, this was a cyber deal.

Lite-On SHM-165H6S Lowest price on Pricegrabber $40.92

Lowest price at Pricewatch: $37.99

Nextag: $45.38

Buy.com: $39.99 shipped

Zipzoomfly: $44.99

Would I post a non cyber deal
confuse.gif

PS Get your new PC up and maybe get one of these even lower in the future, or even better technology might be the ticket. But for now, this is a good deal for somene needing a new dvd burner.

lol when you say its the best on the net i believe you but i was talking give or take $10-$15, its not like the $100 320gb seagates.. that is unless storage is that cheap now on the norm as well?

This is a good deal on a lightscribe dvd burner however unless bundled with other stuff its not a good deal if you just want a normal dvd burner without the lightscribe function. SSS clearly said this, as did others, throughout the thread. Also 10-15 dollars cheaper then elsewhere is a lot when the item in question is only 30 dollars itself.

also the seagate hdd is 89.99 and when you buy it together with this burner you save an additional 5 bucks.

Lionsault_100 said:
lol when you say its the best on the net i believe you but i was talking give or take $10-$15, its not like the $100 320gb seagates.. that is unless storage is that cheap now on the norm as well?

$10 or $15 on a item that's $50 is a 20% to 30% discount. Plus they gave you a free 512mb SD card and basically gives you the Lightscribe feature if you choose to use that.

Back