• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7600GS problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wyemarn

I have Galaxy 7600GS 256MB DDR3. 500/1000 at default clocks. I didn&t overclock this card but overclocked my 930D. I experience random computer lockup when playing videos with Media Player classic from K-Lite Codec Pack. I also experience random display corruption when starting games. This happens randomly. My processor is stable with 2 Prime so I dont think any problems with processor. PCI express speed set to Auto. I tried running 3D Mark loop but ended up getting error message like Display lost focus. Im using widescreen 1440x900. 7600GS temp ranges from 58C idle and 72C load. Is there any hardware problems with my 7600GS. Or is it software? Im using Forceware 91.33.

i know i cant oc my 76gs at all... maybe 10-30 over but i get lock up and ramdom reboots also and i have a 80mm fan settin on the bottom of my case settin on thumb screws my temps never get over 52c

i tried doing artifact testing with ATI Tool latest beta. There is no artifacts but I do get random reboot after a long period of testing. Im not sure what is the problem. Does overheating causes reboots? My 7600GS idles at 65C and up to 85C. Its summer here and there is nothing I can do with it. I have a 120mm fan blowing on top of it but it doesnt help much. What is the max temp for these cards?

i would say dont o/c it and see what happens.. i know with the passive cooling ( like mine ) the factory pretty much pushed them as far as they would/could go... good luck

I didnt overclock. It was an overclocked 7600GS by default. Mine comes with heatsink fan.

Your temps look high to me. My 7600GS was also warm so I added a Zalman. You might give that a try.

I just checked using Riva Tuner and my 7600GS's fan is not running at full speed even at load by default. Is this normal? Can I set it to 100% all the time without using Riva Tuner?

That is odd as there are only 2 wires from the fan so there should be no way to adjust the speed other than voltage, usually not done on stock fans.

I think its voltage adjustment. Here are the problems I faced at default speed :

1) System hangs when I run ATI Tool artifact scanning.
2) System hangs, restart automatically or display corruption after a few hours of 3D Mark loop.
3) System hangs occasionally when I play videos throught Media Player classic.
4) Graphics corruption occasionally when I try to start game. I have to restart the PC.

Im not sure whether something is wrong with my 7600GS or drivers. Should I RMA?

I also run a Galaxy 7600GS 256MB DDR3, Zalman. Running at 600/800(1600) with no issues and stock cooling. Idle @ 38C and Load @ 46C

Couple things here:
1. The ATItool may/may not report a correct temp. Have you used the Nvidia Monitoring Tool? Compared to mine, yours is really hot...
2. What are your other parts? (board, chip, PSU...)
3. What is the ambient temp and temp in the case? You might wanna try opening up the case side panels and see if this makes any difference...

You might wanna test the card on another PC.

The card's SWEET once you get it to work!

wyemarn said:
I think its voltage adjustment. Here are the problems I faced at default speed :

1) System hangs when I run ATI Tool artifact scanning.
2) System hangs, restart automatically or display corruption after a few hours of 3D Mark loop.
3) System hangs occasionally when I play videos throught Media Player classic.
4) Graphics corruption occasionally when I try to start game. I have to restart the PC.

Im not sure whether something is wrong with my 7600GS or drivers. Should I RMA?

I used to have #2 and definatly #3 issues when my PSU was crapy 400 watts. Now when I bought a new one the issue is gone.

simcom said:
I also run a Galaxy 7600GS 256MB DDR3, Zalman. Running at 600/800(1600) with no issues and stock cooling. Idle @ 38C and Load @ 46C

Couple things here:
1. The ATItool may/may not report a correct temp. Have you used the Nvidia Monitoring Tool? Compared to mine, yours is really hot...
2. What are your other parts? (board, chip, PSU...)
3. What is the ambient temp and temp in the case? You might wanna try opening up the case side panels and see if this makes any difference...

You might wanna test the card on another PC.

The card's SWEET once you get it to work!

woah your gs runs as fast as a GT... i am kinda wondering if thats not a type but then again a GT has DDR3 also... so i am guessing you prolly have a GT i could be wrong tho...

i stand corrected... i did some looking my bad... thats one fast *** card.. lol

Yup its prolly close to the limit to stock cooling huh? I got it for HK$1080 (US$138) and as you've also prolly read its dual BIOS dual DVI and has an over-temp buzzer :)

I actually noticed the GPU clock isn't as important as the memory clock since up the GPU to 620 didn't demo much difference (if at all)

With the 600/800 setup (AM2 3500+ w/ nF550) I get just over 3000 in 3dMark06 so I am happy :)

Back