• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead Rising, Best Console Experience of My Life!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WejRepus

Ok, the Dead Rising demo is out on 360 Marketplace and I have to say that after about 6 runs through the 15 minute demo, I have to say I havnt had this much fun on a console in a loooong time! If you have a 360, get this demo now! there are so many weapons, cool combos, cool craftable drinks that do sweet effects, the photo system is really cool.... i have to buy this!

I just d/l it along with Saints Row and I'm very impressed. I thought at the beginning that this game wouldn't appeal to me cause it looked like another one hack and slash game but I was wrong. The story line seems to go deep and there are tons of characters involved. The presentation itself is spectacular. Character details are amazing especially if you are in the middle of circle surrounded by zombies and as you start fighting your way out you get covered with blood and body parts that drip of your body :eek:

I have never seen a game that has this many ways to kill an enemy. You can literary use anything to kill a zombie, although my favorite one was grabbing a shopping cart and running with it through the crowd :bday:

You can also go to book stores for ex. and learn how to ride a skateboard or a bicycle... This is just one of the many things that this game has.

Once again I am very impressed and will be getting the full version this Tue if all goes well.

Awesome game and from my demo experience I'd give it 9/10!

No.

Your main goal in this game is to figure out what's going on and how did this whole thing happen. As I said there are many more characters in the game that you interact with that effect the game outcome. Some are there to help you and some are not so friendly since they are trying to survive this thing out by themselves like in that movie.

So you work your way through mall and other areas looking for clues and so on and just so it happens that those areas are infested with lots zombies and not just one kind ;)

there are so many weapons that i cant wait to use in the full version. like the shopping cart can be loaded up with swords and sharp things and it becomes a huge spikey battering ram. and the chaainsaw and lawnmower and other cool Home Depot-ish equipment looks so fun. plus, the whole story line seems so interesting, not to mention the whole photography aspect of the game. i am dying for it to come out

Back