• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems, P5W DH Deluxe, Bios 0901 & Asus O.C. Profile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d.chatten

Problems, P5W DH Deluxe, Bios 0901 & Asus O.C. Profile (Solved)

Is anyone else getting just a blue screen in the bios when they go to, Tools > Asus O.C. Profile > Start O.C. Profile, also if you get the blue screen is hitting the reset switch the only way to escape from it, or is it just me?

Last edited:
Stilletto said:
Haven't tried it yet....now you make me nervous to....:eek:

Does this happen everytime???:confused:
Yes it does happen every time, it would be nice if you could try it.

Last edited:
Well, I tried it. I get a blue screen, but it first tells me that it cannot load from directory....I press enter and it operates normally within the OC Profile, but after I exit to bios I must save changes and exit for it to boot properly...if I just exit without saving changes it doesn't boot back up. This is definitely still a beta Bios...I wouldn't worry too much about it until they release the final version.

Do you have a floppy drive installed, because have no floppy and all i get is a blue screen, no messange saying it can't load from directory.

Last edited:
I didn't think about that...I have no floppy drive but I have disabled the controller in bios as well......floppys suck:)

Thanks for checking it out, but i still can't understand one thing, you get a message and i don't, odd.

Last edited:
What does your blue screen say?
Maximum PC just did an issue on blue screens and interpreting their error messages. I have the issue if you don't or don't feel like buying it.

What is the error name?
ex.
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Merlin7777 said:
What does your blue screen say?
Maximum PC just did an issue on blue screens and interpreting their error messages. I have the issue if you don't or don't feel like buying it.

What is the error name?
ex.
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
I'm not getting the dreaded BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death), i'm just getting a blue screen.
Anyway i've found out what the problem was, if i disable the JMicron boot rom i get a blue screen and i have to press the reset button, when the JMicron boot rom is enabled it all works as it should, this issue accurs with bios 0901 & 0903.

Last edited:
Stilletto said:
I knew it was something simple like that, but it is kinda cheap for such a bug to exist...:beer:
Is it possible that it's not a bug and this feature is stored on the JMicron boot rom, if this is the case then that would explain why it can't be accessed when the JMicron boot rom is disabled.

Last edited:
d.chatten said:
Is it possible that it's not a bug and this feature is stored on the JMicron boot rom, if this is the case then that would explain why it can't be accessed when the JMicron boot rom is disabled.

That's still a bug:)

Back