• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

something between a p275 and a fw900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sephis

I managed to destroy my trusty 17in KDS. I was painting it and left it on a table outside. The neighbor’s dog knocked it off the table. Heavy monitor fall down go boom. Anyways that isn’t the point of this thread. I want to know if someone can recommend me a CRT between the p275 and fw900 in price (used). I think I would like more real estate than the 21in p275, but I don’t have but about $220 US to buy a new, well new to me, monitor. I like the fw900, my roommate at the university has one, I think it is a work of art. However, the best price I can find on the egay is a little above my means. The boss lady has been very clear that 220-240 USD is about all I'm getting to spend, and that’s with a lot of begging. I am a moderate gamer, but I am a CAD designer in training, hence the need for the biggest screen I can acquire. Should I get the p275 and be happy, or is there a good monitor I am missing? Any suggestions/criticisms are welcome. BTW I can't use LCDs, they give me a wicked headache in ProE.

Last edited:
CreePinG_DeatH has a NEC MultiSync FE2111SB 22" crt for $220 (without shipping). If you live in the chicago area you could pick it up, if not you could try to barter with him for it. It's currently in the video and sound section of the classifieds.

bah, I just sold some of my old consoles and scraped together the extra cash for a fw9012 in perfect condition. Cost me 325 shipped. i'm gonna have to paint it though, white monitors drive me nuts.

Last edited:
MadMan007 said:
FW9011 is what, the SGI oem model?

Here's the Specs for the SGI Sony GDM-FW9011

SGI 24-inch SuperWide Monitor

SGI Part # 061-0048-001
Sony Flat Trinitron tube
22.5" viewable area
Charcole Case
Built in USB hub
Resolutions up to 1280x1024 @ 76Hz & 1920x1200 @72Hz
High Sync rate for Stereo resolutions up to 1024x768!
Sync On Green, Composite Sync, Horizontal & Vertical Separate Syncs
Dual Input with HD15 and 13W3 Connectors
PC Compatible just need to add a standard cable HD15 cable

Bottom line is a Sony GDM-FW9011 is a Sony GDM-FW9011 (Look at the link for SGI differences)

It gets confusing when the 'same' monitor is listed with interchangable part numbers and the oem ones are thrown in as well. As far as I can tell some of the oem models were made with lower refresh rates at a given resolution, so the difference is refresh rates?

Back