• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battle of Stock Dual Core's - Who wins?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well up the vdimm voltage to +.03 giving the corsair 2.1volts recommended. I then changed the timmings to 4-4-4-12 like normal. Two things have happened, I can't run memtest and also one time while installing windows, the thing just shut down. Well right now, windows is installed, will play around with a dual prime95 turture test.

dja2k

dja2k said:
Well up the vdimm voltage to +.03 giving the corsair 2.1volts recommended. I then changed the timmings to 4-4-4-12 like normal. Two things have happened, I can't run memtest and also one time while installing windows, the thing just shut down. Well right now, windows is installed, will play around with a dual prime95 turture test.

dja2k
depending on the speed you are running the ram you dont need 2.1v, my c4's do just fine with 1.8v @533 and need 1.9v for 667.

Okay then, I will change it to 1.8 volts by not changing the vdimm voltage. Anyways, dual prime95 stable for 4 + hours now and going on the inplace maximum heat test. Will leave it overnight. Then run the blend torture test tomorrow.

dja2k

Back