• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ice case cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nvidiaOCmaster

I had a crazy idea, what if I were to take a cup of ice, and somehow make a duct to blow the cold air comming off the ice into the computer. would it work? Ive got some stuff laying around, and I thought it would be a cool experiment, I was just wondering if it would make the case wet on the inside.

better watch out for condensation is my 1st thought
And as for the point i dont understand as it would surly be a short term solution.

Howver many have ad an AC duct blowing air into the system to help keep it cool

i dont think just plain ice would do anything, dry ice maybe, but just plain ice, doesnt seem like the air around it would be ever cold enough

nvidiaOCmaster said:
I had a crazy idea, what if I were to take a cup of ice, and somehow make a duct to blow the cold air comming off the ice into the computer. would it work? Ive got some stuff laying around, and I thought it would be a cool experiment, I was just wondering if it would make the case wet on the inside.

use liquid nitrogen ;):santa:

Back