• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocked A64 3500 venice... Not that impressive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got a question. I am getting a 3500 venice to overclock. Currently I have 2 512 PC3200 sticks that I was going to put in it. Will I still be able to overclock ok if I put another 2 sticks in for 2gb total.

Mattster2k5 said:
I got a question. I am getting a 3500 venice to overclock. Currently I have 2 512 PC3200 sticks that I was going to put in it. Will I still be able to overclock ok if I put another 2 sticks in for 2gb total.
It's a crapshoot. Running 4 sticks of RAM puts a lot of stress on the memory controller, and I've seen cases where all overclocking ability was lost--even with the RAM on a divider. It's much better to get a 2x1GB kit if you want to use 2 GB of memory and overclock.

4 sticks of ram is pretty bad idea since it will be slower takes more power and much much less ocing them. youd have to change ratio for ram:cpu so you can run those ram at stock. 4 sticks ram dont oc especially when they are pc3200 cheapo ram

Back